There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

As seasonal Tax Advisor - Be flexible or go crazy

Current Employee - Seasonal Tax Advisor Specialist in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Seasonal Tax Advisor Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love the work. Need to be able to adapt quickly to changing computer programs, changing policies and have a great desire to resolve customer issues - whether they are tax, how to use the computer, or pricing. Each customer is unique. Decent pay, though only small bump in hourly wage year to year. So negotiate well when you are first hired. Receive annual bonus based mostly on customer survey results - if you can "delight" the customer, it can really pay off. 401k with company match even though seasonal employee. If you are 55 or better, match is fully vested immediately. All work is done remotely from your own home.

Cons

Hiring and rehiring process leaves you hanging for quite a while. Usually don't know until last minute that you are being rehired and then it is very quick. When being hired/rehired you are able to pick from whatever shifts are available (open daily 5am-9pm Pacific during tax season). Choose wisely. Those are your days/times for entire season. No real flexibility from that schedule. Must supply your own computer, modem, internet service. If yours aren't the greatest, it will slow you down and drive you crazy. Since we are seasonal and work from home IT isn't very willing to help troubleshoot issues when they happen and they will. Helps if you are not only a Tax specialist, but also a computer specialist.

Advice to Management

Would be really nice if rehire process could be done a little earlier - keep at least the best of the seasonal employees in the loop of how/when they should expect to be contacted and rehired. Very tough when you are told in August "we will be in touch shortly" and then don't hear anything more until November. Then want us to start working 3 weeks later. We do have lives and want to be able to plan.

reviews filtered by

Awesome place to work

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Company has gone through some major organizational improvements in the past year and it shows. Work with really smart and interesting people across the organization.

Cons

Depending on which area you work, it can be a bit slower and more change averse especially when it comes to processes and "procedures".

2. Easily the best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Intuit has an awesome culture, and a set of values that they actually stick to. I love the fact that employees get 4 PAID days off every year to volunteer, gym membership and tuition reimbursement, and awesome health benefit options. Also, 125% matching 401K and a great employee stock purchase program. Management is upbeat, the company is solid, and I feel like I have found my home. I get to plan our office's yearly trip to the mountains to kick off the fiscal year, and we get lunches and prizes all the time. We also have an awesome new game room. :-)

Cons

If you don't deal well with change, this isn't the place for you. Intuit is constantly changing to keep up with competition and improve our numbers, and some people don't like that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and bring more business groups to Englewood!

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit