Intuit

www.intuit.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Intuit's best kept secret... a Silicon Valley based company with a division located in Dallas, TX... come join us in TX.

Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Intuit's refreshed values completely align with my personal values ... 10+ years and doing the best work of my life!!

Cons

During certain times of the year, like tax season, my role can be demanding but my peers have so much passion and commitment, we all collaborate and help one another so we can all win together.

Intuit should create a presence in Austin TX or grow in Dallas, TX - lower real estate costs for Intuit, lower cost of living for employees, affordable housing with greater square footage than Bay Area, great schools for kids, and less time spent commuting in traffic.

1719 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

ATE

Former Employee - Seasonal Tax Expert in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Seasonal Tax Expert in Remote, OR

I worked at Intuit full-time

Pros

Remote work made the job great, but the hiring process was cumbersome and the company doing the hiring did not have real info about the job, they were trying to fill a quota.

Cons

Management is unrealistic and unaware of what we were doing. It''s not ok to throw down all these requirements about how many calls in an hour when we need to help people out. Also, the managers seem to be caught in the middle and get quite gruff

Listen to the staff.

Great culture, passionate employees

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely strong senior leadership. Is there a better CEO in the valley? We don't think so. Employees are very passionate about creating a great user experience. If you get hired here, you'll end up in passionate conversations everywhere, with everyone, about the user experience. It's not unusual to do a customer visit on your first day here. Cool stuff to work on everywhere you look. Even the projects that look boring end up having tremendous financial impact. Lots of things to do and experience. I could spend all my time participating in the learning opportunites, and never get my day job done.

XD is a growing strength here. We are a design-led company. Our customers are front and center with everything we do.

Employees have very strong social skills here. We expect people to be friendly and cooperative while still saying the difficult things that sometimes need to be said. Absolutely no tolerance for destructive or negative communication styles. If you are an &sshole and communicate negatively, or if you like grandstanding, your coworkers will see through you right away and you won't last long. Employees are also all expected to have leadership skills.

Managers are held to a very high standard. We have employee surveys every year, and managers take them very seriously. Managers that get poor survey results are expected to fix their problems. VP level leaders are in constant transition - either moving up the ladder or out of their jobs quickly.

Cons

Opportunity overload: There is so much to work on here and so many opportunities, it can be exhausting. The opportunities are endless. And with an engineering group in India, there are lots of late night/early morning phone calls. Anytime of day or night, I can IM a coworker, because my team is spread across 6 time zones.

Reorgs: Intuit tends to reorg regularly, so it's not unusual to have a new boss every year. Managers go behind the screens to help to engineer reorgs. Groups get moved to organizations where they don't seem to belong based on this behind the scenes feedback. The impact of this is that you can end up in a group that has no idea what you do, then end up spending six months trying to get people to understand your role. It can be exhausting.

Title deflation: If you are director somewhere and you come to Intuit, you'll be hired as a manager or an individual contributor. If you are a prinicipal or an architect somewhere, at Intuit you'll just be a senior level. People tend to join us for the experience, then they leave and get huge titles elsewhere. You won't get a huge title by working here and if you do, just know that elsewhere, you'd be titled at the next level up. Typical example: Senior XD leaves here and becomes Director somewhere else.

Voice of employee surveys: It's great that Intuit values employee feedback, but it can be a tough place to be a manager. If you get bad employee survey results, you absolutely have to fix the underlying issues or you can get fired for it. No one wants bad survey results. If you are a leader thinking of joining us, you should pay attention to this. Do you want a regular report card from your employees? You'll get to read verbatims where they nitpick ever aspect of your performance (provided you have more than five employees). If you thrive on this kind of feedback, then you might be a fit for Intuit. On the other hand, if this kind of thing really eats a way at you, do yourself a favor and don't apply.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit