There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Good experience but higher ups are plagued with antiquated corporate decisions making skills

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Intuit as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a good amount and got to see into processes that have taught me a lot. I like the dynamic of work where they don't mind when you come in and leave or if you need to work from home. Great mix of an older crowd and they hire really great and excited people to do work.

Cons

I was an intern and made a mistake and they decided to deal with it in a manner that taught me absolutely nothing and took away privileges that no one agreed with. Coworkers, recruiters, and others disagreed with the decisions made by one high level manager. I felt that my learning experiences were of my own accord by putting forth effort and insisting that I be taught something or given work to do that was meaningful instead of busy work from a busy manager. Furthermore, the work-life balance doesn't exist. They insist on not working over time but don't even realize their employees are working well into the night and very early mornings. I can't clock overtime even if I am here longer than 8 hours/day.

Advice to Management

Treat your interns with respect and don't just take away privileges because you don't know how else to go about the situation. Ask your team for advice and approach the issue with open eyes instead of a closed mind. Also, outline the exact projects your interns will be working on and make sure they're not wasting their time and your money.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. SR QA Engineer

Former Contractor - Senior QA Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior QA Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Intuit as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good work culture -Room to grow -Well structured

Cons

-Internal politics by mid managers

Only got better!

Current Employee - Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nobody knows what they are doing Quickbase customer support team manager is a blast to play around with; was a systems engineer who unable to perform, so they tossed him into this role, and you can already view a sample of his work online from a client. As long as you can act concerned, you've got a job (and you can toy with the moron managers, it's a blast!)

Cons

None, it's political, but they all are. And, this is the best group of morons you will ever have the opportunity to toy with. Truly brain dead, PX90 type rood freaks!

Advice to Management

Nothing, stay on the current path and I'll see you at the next interview line. Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.