Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Good experience but higher ups are plagued with antiquated corporate decisions making skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Intuit as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I learned a good amount and got to see into processes that have taught me a lot. I like the dynamic of work where they don't mind when you come in and leave or if you need to work from home. Great mix of an older crowd and they hire really great and excited people to do work.

Cons

I was an intern and made a mistake and they decided to deal with it in a manner that taught me absolutely nothing and took away privileges that no one agreed with. Coworkers, recruiters, and others disagreed with the decisions made by one high level manager. I felt that my learning experiences were of my own accord by putting forth effort and insisting that I be taught something or given work to do that was meaningful instead of busy work from a busy manager. Furthermore, the work-life balance doesn't exist. They insist on not working over time but don't even realize their employees are working well into the night and very early mornings. I can't clock overtime even if I am here longer than 8 hours/day.

Treat your interns with respect and don't just take away privileges because you don't know how else to go about the situation. Ask your team for advice and approach the issue with open eyes instead of a closed mind. Also, outline the exact projects your interns will be working on and make sure they're not wasting their time and your money.

1640 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Only got better!

Current Employee - Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nobody knows what they are doing
    Quickbase customer support team manager is a blast to play around with; was a systems engineer who unable to perform, so they tossed him into this role, and you can already view a sample of his work online from a client.
    As long as you can act concerned, you've got a job (and you can toy with the moron managers, it's a blast!)

Cons

None, it's political, but they all are. And, this is the best group of morons you will ever have the opportunity to toy with. Truly brain dead, PX90 type rood freaks!

Nothing, stay on the current path and I'll see you at the next interview line. Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I can't imagine working anywhere better

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, amazing incentives in the sales departments where I work, company run with integrity, committed to their employees and it shows every single day. Understand work life balance, incredible benefits, competitive pay, get to have FUN at work. Casual dress environment. Get to be myself. I could go on and on.

Cons

Advancement can be limited depending on the location you work at. Systems in place are a pain as far as CRM, and tools in place for customer facing employees.

Stay engaged with your employees, help them grow their careers.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit