Intuit

www.intuit.com

Good place with Mediocre Leaders

Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros1) Employees are treated with respect.
2) Annually run Employee Survey is given a lot of weight.
3) Want to learn to be politically correct? This is the place to be. Leaders always coach on this.
4) Compensation wise Intuit is in top quartile of valley companies. It is not the best, but competitive enough if you like doing what you do.

Cons1) The leaders are failing. Messages are muddy and whole lot of infighting goes on in executive level. Some of the business leaders' existence is only known by "Great work, Team" piling on emails. It sometimes gives the impression that they have no clue about what was actually done.
2) IT is the WORST run organization ever. If the company fails tactically, this will be the reason.
3) Political correctness wins over ability to execute. People are way too scared to spell out the truth. Truthers are politely shown the door, or given enough hints so they leave.
4) The new workplace is anti-productive. We spent so much money at it during peak recession. It made Engineers lives even more pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the culture. Move away from so much of political correctness. As a by-product of consensus-building culture people get annoyed easily. Please act sincerely on employee survey bits rather than paying lip service. Bring in a sweeping change in IT. Do we really believe IT org is capable of taking us to the next level? The top leaders at IT have zero technical knowledge.

Great place to work at

Quality Assurance (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros: Great Leadership. Very healty work environment and work culture. Every… Cons: There are not many things to say in this section.… Advice to Senior Management: The company is being headed by a very strong leadership and it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent development opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros: - great worklife balance - excellent development opportunities - good compensation &… Cons: - can be difficult to advance - can be political Advice to Senior Management: be sure to consider & value perspectives from those with different backgrounds.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!