Good place with Mediocre Leaders

Current Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

1) Employees are treated with respect. 2) Annually run Employee Survey is given a lot of weight. 3) Want to learn to be politically correct? This is the place to be. Leaders always coach on this. 4) Compensation wise Intuit is in top quartile of valley companies. It is not the best, but competitive enough if you like doing what you do.

Cons

1) The leaders are failing. Messages are muddy and whole lot of infighting goes on in executive level. Some of the business leaders' existence is only known by "Great work, Team" piling on emails. It sometimes gives the impression that they have no clue about what was actually done. 2) IT is the WORST run organization ever. If the company fails tactically, this will be the reason. 3) Political correctness wins over ability to execute. People are way too scared to spell out the truth. Truthers are politely shown the door, or given enough hints so they leave. 4) The new workplace is anti-productive. We spent so much money at it during peak recession. It made Engineers lives even more pathetic.

Advice to Management

Fix the culture. Move away from so much of political correctness. As a by-product of consensus-building culture people get annoyed easily. Please act sincerely on employee survey bits rather than paying lip service. Bring in a sweeping change in IT. Do we really believe IT org is capable of taking us to the next level? The top leaders at IT have zero technical knowledge.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work at

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great Leadership. Very healty work environment and work culture. Every employee is given enough opportunity to grow in the organization.

Cons

There are not many things to say in this section. It is a great place to work ..with some great people

Advice to Management

The company is being headed by a very strong leadership and it has a very bright future. I am proud to work at Intuit

2. Great People! Fun Atmosphere!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Great People! Fun Atmosphere! Opportunities to pursue your own ideas. Great Work Life Balance. Interesting projects. I truly enjoyed working there.

Cons

Some projects/teams can be uninteresting. Sometimes your work can be overlooked, but otherwise, they really value you, and try to get feedback from you to improve its operations.

Advice to Management

I think there needs to be a little more investment in Intuit's innovation. In addition, I think it may be wise to pursue additional paths.