Great place to work for

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager
Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to learn, innovate and grow leadership skills. Big focus on employee engagement, empowerment and leadership. Great benefits and compensation package

Cons

Big company with distributed teams and locations. Takes time to make decisions.

Other Reviews for Intuit

Corporate Layoffs

Current Employee - Service & Support Specialist  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Service & Support Specialist in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing that I had the privilege to work with. The corporate downsizing & massive layoffs so the company can use a call center is very disheartening. Especially when the people they are outsourcing us have no clue how to do our job.

Cons

Intuit is always trying to be ahead of the curve but unfortunately has some issues with the current software and servers keep crashing and making it extremely difficult to do your job. Numerous programs and you have to sign into each one separately rather than having 1 sign-in for all.

Intuit says at every meeting your are transparent but obviously only the upper management because we were flat out lied to last year when we were told our positions were safe from elimination.

Great place to visit, but you don't want to stay there...

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great as your first job out of university - everything there is taught (how to lead, how to innovate, etc.)
    - Great set of company values
    - Founder still there, he has a huge influence on the company and he's fantastic, if you can work with him - great
    - Good pay
    - Great for work life balance , since it's mostly in the US, the hours are humane (rarely does a meeting start before 8AM or end after 5PM)
    - Gym onsite
    - free fruit, lattes, and other amenities

Cons

- Not so great if :
       - You have experience from elsewhere - it's not valued at all, so keep yourself quiet about where you worked before
       - You are technical and value technical leadership, these are few and far between at Intuit. Most Sr. leadership is from marketing, not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's a SaaS company now that doesn't think knowing about technology is important.
        - You have your own thoughts and ideas -- they are NOT welcome here. Everything has been codified already before you get there. So if you read about some interesting model from somewhere outside the company - keep it to yourself. Everything you need to succeed, down to the words that you are expected to use, has already been defined and you MUST stick to the script (BTW the script changes frequently, so keep a list of words that are 'IN' and words that are 'OUT')
    - There are layoffs every year. Not sure if all companies do that, but in July-ish of every year, there are big layoffs. It's been said if you aren't sure who will be laid off this year, it's probably you
    - Constant re-organizations, usually every July-ish. Things like putting all of small business (payments, payroll, demand force, Quickbooks,etc) together, then taking them apart again; centralizing customer care, then putting it back in the business units
    - not so great if you can't conform all the time - as I mentioned, every slide format, every word you use is scripted from the myriad of models that already exist in the company - to survive you have to 'Be Yourself - The Intuit Way' (yep, it's an oxymoron, but that is the best way I've come to describe it)

Get real technical leadership in all areas, allow employees to speak in a manner they are accustomed to, which may not be the 'Intuit Jargon-of-the-Day'. Actually be innovative don't just talk about it everywhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!