There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

GREAT place to work!!!!!

Former Employee - Contract Tech Support in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Contract Tech Support in Plano, TX

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Green company, give back to the community in a huge way!

Cons

very few permanent full time positions available

Keep doing what you are doing!!!

reviews filtered by

Elimination of 785 positions announced on July 15, 2014 by Brad Smith

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the gym, sand volleyball court and basketball court. Cafe food has a large variety and very good. Health benefits are good. San Diego campus is nice.

Cons

Reorganizations every summer after tax season. This time with the Small Business Group. Strategic priorities change every summer. Hope that your group remains as a priority. Intuit is not a place to call home for years. Strategies change, alignments change, the "ecosystem" changes. Intuit is a good place to earn money during the tax season. But prepared to be laid off the following summer. Be prepared to feel the stress from long hours and unreasonable deadlines!

Maybe you could find a place for your laid off employees in other parts of the company. Keep your talent and pay closer attention to middle managers who are not keeping employees inspired.

Corporate Layoffs

Current Employee - Service & Support Specialist in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Service & Support Specialist in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are amazing that I had the privilege to work with. The corporate downsizing & massive layoffs so the company can use a call center is very disheartening. Especially when the people they are outsourcing us have no clue how to do our job.

Cons

Intuit is always trying to be ahead of the curve but unfortunately has some issues with the current software and servers keep crashing and making it extremely difficult to do your job. Numerous programs and you have to sign into each one separately rather than having 1 sign-in for all.

Intuit says at every meeting your are transparent but obviously only the upper management because we were flat out lied to last year when we were told our positions were safe from elimination.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit