Intuit

I like working for Intuit

Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Work life balance. Undergoing a lot of changes. Exciting time to be part of the journey

Cons

too many old legacy products that prohibits innovation

Please hire more creative people to make our products better

1646 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

If you're into great work life balance, look no further. But if you want to be inspired at work, look elsewhere.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

For people with families, Intuit is a pretty good place to work as it's very much a 9-5 type of culture. In addition to the work life balance, compensation is decent and benefits are excellent. For the most part, the people are pretty nice too.

Cons

Where do I even begin?

For context, I worked in the marketing organization of the Small Business Division. Here are some of my random thoughts:

- A culture built on a lack of accountability. Senior leaders point the blame at everyone else but themselves.
    - Lack of upward mobility. This is not an uncommon problem. The mindset at Intuit is that "you own your career" but it's really hard to manage this when everything is so political. The culture is shifting too - even if you do awesome, stellar work, it's not about your job performance, it's about your attitude. That is to say, they will only reward people who show fire/passion at work.
    - Uninspiring company. For "older" folks, maybe it's OK to not work at a company that is cutting edge. But if you thrive on innovation, this is most definitely not the place for you.
    - Powerpoint-heavy. Sometimes, I didn't know whether the content was more important or the format. Seriously, I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I've spent because someone wanted my slide(s) to be prettier. What a waste of time.
    - Strategy? Ha! That's a good one. Strategy comes and goes. It changes on a time. There is no such thing as sticking to a strategy for 1+ year. Every year, it's something different.

A lot of upper management needs to go.

If you really care about your employees, then help them grow in their careers and stop stringing them along.

Good Place to work depending on your position

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

awesome benefits and comparable wages with great facilities and location.

Cons

Room for growth greatly depends on your department but the company is large that if you know the right people you can get into a different department.

Open the doors for all departments to have room for growth and employees a reason and goal to aim for in continuing their advancement in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit