There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Acquisitions are necessary - but cut out this B.S. of "reverse integration" talk

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit has a good compensation package and a very good work / life balance. Most co-workers are talented.

Cons

Too many layers of management. Not-so-good acquisitions ("reverse" integration causes major pain and absolutely no results in terms of speed or revenue)

Advice to Management

Keep the customer focus; get rid of this B.S. of "reverse integration" when acquiring companies. Understand that acquired small companies are NOT necessarily better than internal people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Leadership finally making the shift to SaaS

Current Employee - UI Designer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - UI Designer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Innovation is king, white space time is heavily encouraged, and design-for-delight best practices are being implemented. Management has finally made a companywide commitment to SaaS. These moves are long overdue.

Cons

There seems to be some fear in the leadership about how much to invest in existing teams, so we acquire companies instead. Then incoming team leaders are put in charge of divisions, and layoffs ensue. For the survivors, there is a feeling of working for a subsidiary of Intuit.

Advice to Management

Invest as much in existing teams as you do in the companies you buy.

Overall, a good place to work but not in specific departments

Former Employee - Worked In Finance Department in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Worked In Finance Department in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit as a company had good pay and great benefits. There were a lot of programs (like flextime) that my department was not allowed to participate in but existed at Intuit. The company is in transition. Brad Smith is now the CEO and is trying to make Intuit a more viable company. Of course, this means there is a lot of change and it seems like functions, departments, and people are constantly being reorganized. I think the Company as a whole as good intentions and tries to do the right thing. I think Senior Management is sincere in trying to make Intuit a great place to work.

Cons

As probably with most companies, your day to day work environment may be very different than what the company as a whole projects to the public. As a Company, Intuit is going through a lot of changes which means reorgs and layoffs. The company is still struggling with their identity. This can be unnerving for some and exciting for others. I worked in the finance group. My department leader within that group had some learning to do in specific areas of managing people. I am surprised Intuit never had this person properly trained. I would think a company of Intuit's size would spend more resources educating their managers on how to manage people. It was the typical manager scenerio - good technical skills but poor people skills.

Advice to Management

Managers that have direct contact with employees on a day to day basis really need to have extensive training in communication and people skills. How these people interact and treat your employees on a day to day basis impacts their work and their quality of life.