There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Trainer in Reno, NV
Former Employee - Trainer in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit offers great benefits and perks, such as 3 weeks vacation time after 1 year, great Health Insurance options, subsidized vending, gym stipend if your location doesn't have one on site, Internet stipend, etc. In addition, the work is challenging and exciting as one is always pressed to think of better ways or to be more customer focused. Fellow employees are bright, motivated and respectful co-workers. I no longer work there, yet almost once a month I start a sentence off "Well, at Intuit we..." as example of the way a world-class organization operates.

Cons

Turnover is low, so there are not a lot of career advancement opportunities unless one is willing to move.

Advice to Management

Offer more areas for development so that even if there is no room for advancement currently, it is easier to move laterally to build new skills.

reviews filtered by

Moral is a little low but it's still a great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit offers great benefits in the form of insurance, 401K matching, stock purchase plan, restricted stock units and the facilities. The facility where I work has a gym, cafeteria, basketball court and sand volleyball court. I never lack challenges in my job and have opportunities to grow in my career or even change my career within Intuit.

The people working for Intuit are great. Intuit prides itself on hiring and retaining great talent. They also have an expectation that all employees learn from each other - learn, teach, learn. It encourages everyone to constantly be learning and growing and sharing information with their coworkers.

Cons

Recently there have been some resource allocation changes across Intuit that have left some holes in areas. It makes it difficult to work across other business units because some of the people you would normally work with are no longer in those positions. As a result of the actions, there are also several people who no longer have jobs within Intuit, leaving the rest with a feeling of uncertainty regarding their future.

We also have some senior managers who have put too much distance between themselves and the work their employees do, giving them a false view on that work.

Advice to Management

Take time to understand the work being done by employees before making major decisions regarding scheduling and resourcing.

Great place to work, new leader is on track, but change management struggles

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit is a Market leader which is innovative and progressive with a focus on process rigor. This company has tremendous values and a casual, comfortable culture. Intuit practices what it preaches in how it keeps up with updated technology and is adamant about keeping the pace with the global market place.

Cons

There is a history of excessive change and reorganizations which often leads to a decrease in effective, long-term outcomes. As is the pattern with other similar technology firms, Intuit is engaged in moving a large portion of their call center functions to outsourcers, which is reducing jobs available within the US.

Advice to Management

Need better mobility, leadership development, and change management

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit