Great place to work!

Former Employee - Trainer in Reno, NV
Former Employee - Trainer in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit offers great benefits and perks, such as 3 weeks vacation time after 1 year, great Health Insurance options, subsidized vending, gym stipend if your location doesn't have one on site, Internet stipend, etc. In addition, the work is challenging and exciting as one is always pressed to think of better ways or to be more customer focused. Fellow employees are bright, motivated and respectful co-workers. I no longer work there, yet almost once a month I start a sentence off "Well, at Intuit we..." as example of the way a world-class organization operates.

Cons

Turnover is low, so there are not a lot of career advancement opportunities unless one is willing to move.

Advice to Management

Offer more areas for development so that even if there is no room for advancement currently, it is easier to move laterally to build new skills.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Moral is a little low but it's still a great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit offers great benefits in the form of insurance, 401K matching, stock purchase plan, restricted stock units and the facilities. The facility where I work has a gym, cafeteria, basketball court and sand volleyball court. I never lack challenges in my job and have opportunities to grow in my career or even change my career within Intuit.

The people working for Intuit are great. Intuit prides itself on hiring and retaining great talent. They also have an expectation that all employees learn from each other - learn, teach, learn. It encourages everyone to constantly be learning and growing and sharing information with their coworkers.

Cons

Recently there have been some resource allocation changes across Intuit that have left some holes in areas. It makes it difficult to work across other business units because some of the people you would normally work with are no longer in those positions. As a result of the actions, there are also several people who no longer have jobs within Intuit, leaving the rest with a feeling of uncertainty regarding their future.

We also have some senior managers who have put too much distance between themselves and the work their employees do, giving them a false view on that work.

Advice to Management

Take time to understand the work being done by employees before making major decisions regarding scheduling and resourcing.

2. Good place, needs less politics

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Good work life balance, Employees care about customers

Cons

it seems to be getting more political

Advice to Management

Get close to customers