Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Wonderful place to work.... Intuit is a great company to grow your career while you contribute to the team's success.

Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

- strong strategic vision
- disciplined approach to execution of day to day priorities
- community of achievers
- integrity and care are more than words in the value statements... they are expected pursuits!

Cons

- change... is the only constsnt!
- leaders are often over focused on the short term outcomes... struggle with valuing longer term changess that will take a few years to pay dividends.

stay the course. Intuit leadership is not perfect, but really strong and well on their way to greatness!

1623 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Overall, a good place to work but not in specific departments

Former Employee - Worked In Finance Department in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Worked In Finance Department in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit as a company had good pay and great benefits. There were a lot of programs (like flextime) that my department was not allowed to participate in but existed at Intuit. The company is in transition. Brad Smith is now the CEO and is trying to make Intuit a more viable company. Of course, this means there is a lot of change and it seems like functions, departments, and people are constantly being reorganized. I think the Company as a whole as good intentions and tries to do the right thing. I think Senior Management is sincere in trying to make Intuit a great place to work.

Cons

As probably with most companies, your day to day work environment may be very different than what the company as a whole projects to the public. As a Company, Intuit is going through a lot of changes which means reorgs and layoffs. The company is still struggling with their identity. This can be unnerving for some and exciting for others.

I worked in the finance group. My department leader within that group had some learning to do in specific areas of managing people. I am surprised Intuit never had this person properly trained. I would think a company of Intuit's size would spend more resources educating their managers on how to manage people. It was the typical manager scenerio - good technical skills but poor people skills.

Managers that have direct contact with employees on a day to day basis really need to have extensive training in communication and people skills. How these people interact and treat your employees on a day to day basis impacts their work and their quality of life.

Acquisitions are necessary - but cut out this B.S. of "reverse integration" talk

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit has a good compensation package and a very good work / life balance. Most co-workers are talented.

Cons

Too many layers of management.
    Not-so-good acquisitions ("reverse" integration causes major pain and absolutely no results in terms of speed or revenue)

Keep the customer focus; get rid of this B.S. of "reverse integration" when acquiring companies. Understand that acquired small companies are NOT necessarily better than internal people.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit