Intuit Rocks!

Current Employee - Development Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Development Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Very progressive, flexible, open culture and work environment. Strong commitment and support for personal development. World-class campus and ameneites in San Deigo. A plethora of generous employee support programs/benefits.

Cons

Seasonality of tax business requires long hours and minimal time away during Christmas/New Years holiday period when friends and family are doing lots of socializing.

Be more rigourous about not committing to more than we can successfully bite off. When adding a new request to the pile, ask what will come off the pile to accomodate the new request. More regularly give internal folks a shot at senior management roles vs bringing in outsiders.

Other Reviews for Intuit

Still a great place to work - but not as great as it was.....

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit hires really good people and have amazing market share for their products. The culture is open and as honest as I could hope for from corporate america.

Cons

Intuit has 2 major sources of revenue (QuickBooks and TurboTax) and can't seem to innovate new products/services outside of these 2 domains. Execution on starting and growing new businesses has been a filure for the last 5 years

Stop resting on the laurels of people's work 10 years ago....develop new products around our core strengths of financial management for small businesses and household finances.

Great place to work that is undergoing a transition

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Good feedback, great opportunities for advancement, and a good place to learn. As someone early in their career, I deeply appreciate the opportunities that Intuit has provided me to advance my career, including good training and large projects. I also like that Intuit is willing to let younger employees innovate and bring a new perspective to the company

Cons

Decisions and progress can take a long time, there are some problems with innovation that are being ironed out. Company is undergoing a bit of a shift in identity from a boxed software company to a SaaS company focused on solving for younger customers. This definitely results in some frustration in terms of skill sets within the company to achieve new objectives.

Continue working to make more small teams around the company who can move quickly and respond to changes in the market. Enable those teams to make their own decisions without delay, removing roadblocks from senior management and supporting groups in the company

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!