There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Intuit is THE BEST place to work!

Current Employee - Support Team Lead, Technical Support Team in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Support Team Lead, Technical Support Team in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit took a chance and allowed an administrative assistant with 20 yrs. experience to become a technical support engineer, which was my secret dream job. They tought me what I needed to know and I came to the table with the coachable skills and an extra set of useful skills that have both propelled me to become a Support Team Lead in just 3 short years. I am only limited by my willingness to learn and be proactive. The leadership is outstanding and my team, Quicken Health Group, is the best I have ever worked for because we take chances, think outside the box and are encouraged to help others on our team even if it is not in our normal job description. This mindset has allowed us to be nimble and make changes/course corrections quickly. We embrace change instead of fearing or dreading it. Our team helped to pilot the new way of doing support at Intuit (email only with selective callbacks) I am empowered in my current position to call my customers when I feel it is necessary.This has allowed me to do my job to the best of my ability. Even though I am on the technical support part of the team, we truly are valued by the product management, marketing, engineering and QA parts of the team. Our opinions are not only valued, but sought out by the rest of our teammates. We have even been able to influence product design by offering our real world customer experience.And I can work from home, which really helps in this gas crisis environment in which we live. Intuit cares about me as a person because they offer so many work/life balance options such as Weight Watchers, pilates, etc. onsite, as well as, daycare partial-reimbursement, gym membership $350 reimbursement and $5000/yr tuition reimbursement for career relevent education.This is THE BEST job that I have ever had in my life!

Cons

If you don't handle change well, then you don't want to work here. A reorganization can happen any day of the week at the drop of a hat. I had 3 bosses in one year last year. There is a bit of corporate bureaucracy, so if you don't like that, then you don't want to work here. Not all teams are like mine, but that is in the process of changing since we have our new CEO, Brad Smith. So my experience may not be your experience.

Advice to Management

Embrace Brad's new company mindsets and help to share best practices and brake down the silo walls between different teams and business units. We need to be one Intuit and that includes embracing our global partners. We do have the need for speed and we need to embrace that. Brad's "speed wobble" analogy was fantastic and well-articulated how moving faster actually helps you get where you are going, even if you are not comfortable with the pace at first.Please improve the communication options for remote employees. Too often things work well in Mountain View because folks are there and remote employees lose out because the technology limits the communication and interaction. A most recent example is the Design 4 Delight forum presentation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lots of Positives, but the Company Needs to Adapt to Changing Times

Current Employee - Group Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Group Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit puts its people at the front of its management approach -- leaders truly care about developing employees and enabling them to deliver results. The people at all levels are top-notch and are great to work with, and one is constantly learning from peers. The company is fanatical about understanding customers and serving them well – and it is generally a lot of fun to be associated with products and services with millions of customers who are generally big 'promoters'!

Cons

The company hasn't kept up with the technological shifts to web and mobile and is furiously trying to become an innovator again in this new game. However, it's a big challenge for the company where time is measured in annual releases to move fast enough to compete in this landscape. The market for the flagship products is maturing, growth is slowing and opportunities to advance are becoming more limited.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to "Just Do It" ... cut meetings (operating reviews and other 'overhead') and invest more in frontline employees who can truly move things forward.

2. Spent too much time watching new technology and rivers of money float on by. Now they are playing catch up!

Former Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Great work environment, good people, great benefits and salary is better than most companies in the bay area.

Cons

No strategic direction, no excitement, no buzz. Intuit may be too focused on the happiness of their employees vs business results.

Advice to Management

Do some "follow me home" type reviews of your senior management. There are some real stinkers in the herd.