Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

A fun and friendly place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Great compensation for interns. There are a lot of activities going on that help get acclimated with the company. They offer a lot of opportunities to explore new technologies and work on projects besides day to day work, and they recognize employees that discover new opportunities for the company.

Cons

I personally don't agree with the direction the company may be headed in - where their priorities lie. But they are very transparent to the employees about this and are open to questions and suggestions from everyone. They provide an open opportunity for every employee to offer suggestions and the ability to transform the direction of the company.

Keep doing skip levels, continue being transparent of company direction and beliefs.

1646 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Intuit is headed in the right direction for future growth

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

There are many opportunities for career growth and exploration within the company. The managment demonstrates the operating values they espouse. There is clear and open communication about the state of the business. They are borrowing the best ideas from other companies to try to foster more innovation and speed, and are making the time and financial investment required to drive those desired attributes.

Cons

The company is going through a transition that they should have started 3-5 years ago. The offices are spread out (in California, across the country, and now more globally too) and the technology infrastructure, while good, is not yet where it needs to be to allow employees to reach their potential in collaboration and joint creativity.

Management is going in the right direction, so keep talking to us and reminding us of our goals and how we're making progress to get there.

Intuit is THE BEST place to work!

Current Employee - Support Team Lead, Technical Support Team in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Support Team Lead, Technical Support Team in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit took a chance and allowed an administrative assistant with 20 yrs. experience to become a technical support engineer, which was my secret dream job. They tought me what I needed to know and I came to the table with the coachable skills and an extra set of useful skills that have both propelled me to become a Support Team Lead in just 3 short years. I am only limited by my willingness to learn and be proactive. The leadership is outstanding and my team, Quicken Health Group, is the best I have ever worked for because we take chances, think outside the box and are encouraged to help others on our team even if it is not in our normal job description. This mindset has allowed us to be nimble and make changes/course corrections quickly. We embrace change instead of fearing or dreading it. Our team helped to pilot the new way of doing support at Intuit (email only with selective callbacks) I am empowered in my current position to call my customers when I feel it is necessary.This has allowed me to do my job to the best of my ability. Even though I am on the technical support part of the team, we truly are valued by the product management, marketing, engineering and QA parts of the team. Our opinions are not only valued, but sought out by the rest of our teammates. We have even been able to influence product design by offering our real world customer experience.And I can work from home, which really helps in this gas crisis environment in which we live. Intuit cares about me as a person because they offer so many work/life balance options such as Weight Watchers, pilates, etc. onsite, as well as, daycare partial-reimbursement, gym membership $350 reimbursement and $5000/yr tuition reimbursement for career relevent education.This is THE BEST job that I have ever had in my life!

Cons

If you don't handle change well, then you don't want to work here. A reorganization can happen any day of the week at the drop of a hat. I had 3 bosses in one year last year. There is a bit of corporate bureaucracy, so if you don't like that, then you don't want to work here. Not all teams are like mine, but that is in the process of changing since we have our new CEO, Brad Smith. So my experience may not be your experience.

Embrace Brad's new company mindsets and help to share best practices and brake down the silo walls between different teams and business units. We need to be one Intuit and that includes embracing our global partners. We do have the need for speed and we need to embrace that. Brad's "speed wobble" analogy was fantastic and well-articulated how moving faster actually helps you get where you are going, even if you are not comfortable with the pace at first.Please improve the communication options for remote employees. Too often things work well in Mountain View because folks are there and remote employees lose out because the technology limits the communication and interaction. A most recent example is the Design 4 Delight forum presentation.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit