There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Intuit is headed in the right direction for future growth

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

There are many opportunities for career growth and exploration within the company. The managment demonstrates the operating values they espouse. There is clear and open communication about the state of the business. They are borrowing the best ideas from other companies to try to foster more innovation and speed, and are making the time and financial investment required to drive those desired attributes.

Cons

The company is going through a transition that they should have started 3-5 years ago. The offices are spread out (in California, across the country, and now more globally too) and the technology infrastructure, while good, is not yet where it needs to be to allow employees to reach their potential in collaboration and joint creativity.

Advice to Management

Management is going in the right direction, so keep talking to us and reminding us of our goals and how we're making progress to get there.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Place to Work! - used to be.

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

It has great benefits and trys to make an effort towards work-life balance. It used to be much better. It is also trying to move into newer technologies. Has good revenue base from market leading products Quickbooks, TurboTax and Quicken.

Cons

There are some good places to be and some not so good. The environment is gettiing very toxic and fearful at least in our part of the ocean as any negative feedback about the work is taken as an indictment of management and then on you are under the microscope. People who keep quiet are being rewarded and people who speak up are given the silent or not-so-silent treatment. Co-workers are great , the products are good but the new crop of management hired in the last few years is very short term oriented and prone to knee jerk reactions. New People often ask me as to "how come it rates so high on the great place to work survey?" My response is that - it really used to be.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people! One of the operating principles used to be - "its the people" .... That seems to have been completely ignored in pockets of the company. I say this as I hope this is not endemic to all parts of the company. So listen to the people. Do not throw the Great Place to Work Survey Results in the trash once the press release is sent out. Create Actionable items out of it and hold leaders accountable for it.

2. A fun and friendly place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Great compensation for interns. There are a lot of activities going on that help get acclimated with the company. They offer a lot of opportunities to explore new technologies and work on projects besides day to day work, and they recognize employees that discover new opportunities for the company.

Cons

I personally don't agree with the direction the company may be headed in - where their priorities lie. But they are very transparent to the employees about this and are open to questions and suggestions from everyone. They provide an open opportunity for every employee to offer suggestions and the ability to transform the direction of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing skip levels, continue being transparent of company direction and beliefs.