Intuit

www.intuit.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Company undergoing turnaround to drive future growth..lots of change that can be painful, but great leadership team

Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Overall Intuit has a great culture that values employees and learns from mistakes. There is high energy and senior management is completely bought into the mission to drive growth and turn the company around to drive organic growth. I like the collaborative environment and usually look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

We need to make faster decisions. Delayed decisions impact downstream groups that are expected to "make up" the lost time and still execute at the same standards if the decision had been made in a timely manner. Sr. management needs to empower/trust employees to make and own decisions, including financial ones. Virtually no major financial decision can be made unless you're a director. I really like my job, which is good because the work load is quite heavy, but I think our group is leaner and more overworked than other teams.

Improve "say-do" ratio on decision making philosophy

1713 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Great Intern Experience

Former Employee - Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit was a great place to be a summer intern. The intern program is very well run, and interns are given actual projects to work on. We formed great relationships with other interns and members of the company. Everyone from new college hires to older employees to senior management were very involved in meeting with and getting to know the interns. There were many tech talks and other opportunities to learn more about the company and its direction. We got to meet the founder and CEO/CTO/etc. and had an opportunity to present directly to them at an "IdeaJam" (presenting unstructured time projects). Again, GREAT place to intern (and free corporate housing was nice!) I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Like any big company, there is a danger of stifling good ideas with office politics. There seems to be a genuine attempt to promote innovation and take risks with new ideas, though.

Continue to foster and support new ideas. Don't let the company get stale.

high performing...great benefits...limited advancement growth (especially from middle/sr to exec)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Compensation is competitively strong...smart, highly analytical people...the practices, process, analysis and strategy development within marketing is very strong...when you go to conferences or talk with others (especially in hi tech) you see how high the TurboTax organization is performing. Campus and benefits are quite nice...easy to get spoiled here.

Cons

Career growth is a challenge...sr positions are more often not filled from within...difficult to move past certain levels internally within the organization...very few people developers...yes people must take responsibility for their growth, but Intuit in San Diego lacks sr leaders who enable, coach and mentor.

You won't hear this much, but Intuit is quite political..not in the usual fashion...but a subtle way...who talks the corp jargon, those who can frame (even if they can't deliver results), etc. It's in every company...and it's clearly here at Intuit.

Innovation is great...but be careful we don't fall into the trap of giving projects so much focus they become "pet" projects and we get "stars" in our eyes to quickly. some of our biggest businesses today, started out "ahead of the market curve" and was something additional we were doing...not "THE" thing. Improve the career opportunities within the organization (mainly in San Diego)...drive leaders to better mentors, coaches who enable employees to advance and grow based on strong performance and results (not just who "pitches" well)

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit