There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Company undergoing turnaround to drive future growth..lots of change that can be painful, but great leadership team

Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Overall Intuit has a great culture that values employees and learns from mistakes. There is high energy and senior management is completely bought into the mission to drive growth and turn the company around to drive organic growth. I like the collaborative environment and usually look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

We need to make faster decisions. Delayed decisions impact downstream groups that are expected to "make up" the lost time and still execute at the same standards if the decision had been made in a timely manner. Sr. management needs to empower/trust employees to make and own decisions, including financial ones. Virtually no major financial decision can be made unless you're a director. I really like my job, which is good because the work load is quite heavy, but I think our group is leaner and more overworked than other teams.

Improve "say-do" ratio on decision making philosophy

1587 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

The most phenomenal company in the country to work for, hands down.

Current Employee - Consultant in Stafford, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Stafford, VA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit is the best company I've ever worked for, hands down. Not only is management (immediate and senior) concerned about personnel, there is ample opportunity for growth, and never a question about how my performance rates. Phenomenal company whose benefits package prove they care about employees as one of the most important stakeholders in the company. No one better. Period.

Cons

The only downside is that I didn't find out about Intuit until I was 27 years old. I would have loved for Intuit to be the only place I ever worked as an adult.

Keep doing what you do. Your transparency is appreciated, and the direction of the company remains clear.......

A good (not a great) place to work

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit values its Forbes 'Great Place To Work' rating and works hard to maintain the company's ranking. Compensation and benefit packages are generous. Most employees have a better than average work-life balance. There are numerous opportunities for learning and cross-organization exposure, including internal best practice report-outs, external speakers, open annual planning and learning summits.

Cons

Intuit has many slow-moving engines. The various subdivisions are siloed and often process-intensive environments. Intuit employees are not empowered to make decisions. Be prepared for a steep learning curve, filled with Intuit speak.

The organization is top-heavy and turning into an old boys' club. Streamline, innovate and hold individuals accountable.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit