There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Company undergoing turnaround to drive future growth..lots of change that can be painful, but great leadership team

Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Overall Intuit has a great culture that values employees and learns from mistakes. There is high energy and senior management is completely bought into the mission to drive growth and turn the company around to drive organic growth. I like the collaborative environment and usually look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

We need to make faster decisions. Delayed decisions impact downstream groups that are expected to "make up" the lost time and still execute at the same standards if the decision had been made in a timely manner. Sr. management needs to empower/trust employees to make and own decisions, including financial ones. Virtually no major financial decision can be made unless you're a director. I really like my job, which is good because the work load is quite heavy, but I think our group is leaner and more overworked than other teams.

Improve "say-do" ratio on decision making philosophy

1536 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

high performing...great benefits...limited advancement growth (especially from middle/sr to exec)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Compensation is competitively strong...smart, highly analytical people...the practices, process, analysis and strategy development within marketing is very strong...when you go to conferences or talk with others (especially in hi tech) you see how high the TurboTax organization is performing. Campus and benefits are quite nice...easy to get spoiled here.

Cons

Career growth is a challenge...sr positions are more often not filled from within...difficult to move past certain levels internally within the organization...very few people developers...yes people must take responsibility for their growth, but Intuit in San Diego lacks sr leaders who enable, coach and mentor.

You won't hear this much, but Intuit is quite political..not in the usual fashion...but a subtle way...who talks the corp jargon, those who can frame (even if they can't deliver results), etc. It's in every company...and it's clearly here at Intuit.

Innovation is great...but be careful we don't fall into the trap of giving projects so much focus they become "pet" projects and we get "stars" in our eyes to quickly. some of our biggest businesses today, started out "ahead of the market curve" and was something additional we were doing...not "THE" thing. Improve the career opportunities within the organization (mainly in San Diego)...drive leaders to better mentors, coaches who enable employees to advance and grow based on strong performance and results (not just who "pitches" well)

A good (not a great) place to work

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit values its Forbes 'Great Place To Work' rating and works hard to maintain the company's ranking. Compensation and benefit packages are generous. Most employees have a better than average work-life balance. There are numerous opportunities for learning and cross-organization exposure, including internal best practice report-outs, external speakers, open annual planning and learning summits.

Cons

Intuit has many slow-moving engines. The various subdivisions are siloed and often process-intensive environments. Intuit employees are not empowered to make decisions. Be prepared for a steep learning curve, filled with Intuit speak.

The organization is top-heavy and turning into an old boys' club. Streamline, innovate and hold individuals accountable.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!