Intuit

Great Intern Experience

Former Employee - Intern in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit was a great place to be a summer intern. The intern program is very well run, and interns are given actual projects to work on. We formed great relationships with other interns and members of the company. Everyone from new college hires to older employees to senior management were very involved in meeting with and getting to know the interns. There were many tech talks and other opportunities to learn more about the company and its direction. We got to meet the founder and CEO/CTO/etc. and had an opportunity to present directly to them at an "IdeaJam" (presenting unstructured time projects). Again, GREAT place to intern (and free corporate housing was nice!) I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Like any big company, there is a danger of stifling good ideas with office politics. There seems to be a genuine attempt to promote innovation and take risks with new ideas, though.

Continue to foster and support new ideas. Don't let the company get stale.

1680 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

high performing...great benefits...limited advancement growth (especially from middle/sr to exec)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Compensation is competitively strong...smart, highly analytical people...the practices, process, analysis and strategy development within marketing is very strong...when you go to conferences or talk with others (especially in hi tech) you see how high the TurboTax organization is performing. Campus and benefits are quite nice...easy to get spoiled here.

Cons

Career growth is a challenge...sr positions are more often not filled from within...difficult to move past certain levels internally within the organization...very few people developers...yes people must take responsibility for their growth, but Intuit in San Diego lacks sr leaders who enable, coach and mentor.

You won't hear this much, but Intuit is quite political..not in the usual fashion...but a subtle way...who talks the corp jargon, those who can frame (even if they can't deliver results), etc. It's in every company...and it's clearly here at Intuit.

Innovation is great...but be careful we don't fall into the trap of giving projects so much focus they become "pet" projects and we get "stars" in our eyes to quickly. some of our biggest businesses today, started out "ahead of the market curve" and was something additional we were doing...not "THE" thing. Improve the career opportunities within the organization (mainly in San Diego)...drive leaders to better mentors, coaches who enable employees to advance and grow based on strong performance and results (not just who "pitches" well)

A good (not a great) place to work

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit values its Forbes 'Great Place To Work' rating and works hard to maintain the company's ranking. Compensation and benefit packages are generous. Most employees have a better than average work-life balance. There are numerous opportunities for learning and cross-organization exposure, including internal best practice report-outs, external speakers, open annual planning and learning summits.

Cons

Intuit has many slow-moving engines. The various subdivisions are siloed and often process-intensive environments. Intuit employees are not empowered to make decisions. Be prepared for a steep learning curve, filled with Intuit speak.

The organization is top-heavy and turning into an old boys' club. Streamline, innovate and hold individuals accountable.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit