Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Great company with a good strategy to win customers...needs to become far more agile and willing to make big trade-offs.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great people, great benefits. The rewards and recognition programs are set up very well.

Cons

Politics, matrixed organization makes you feel lost and handcuffed at times.

Offshore support? Start thinking tomorrow instead of yesterday. Tap into our accountant partners, ISPs, and RSPs to handle more support load. They will love you for the business, we will save money on outsourced expenses, and help businesses here in the US succeed.

1646 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Nice people, but needs to get things going

Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Easy going, open and honest work environment. You never feel like anyone is out to get you and the environment is very collaborative. The leadership at Intuit has evolved to be more innovative and risk taking. Before, one of the reasons to work for Intuit was that you had a job with a nice safe company. The voice of employees matters to the highest leaders. This company sticks by it's 10 operating values like it's nobody's business.

Cons

The company seems to be stuck to the past. Also, employees have no strong incentive to share their best ideas. The best ideas come from those with the capitalist instinct. An iPod as compensation for a great ideas is a joke.

Let loose. Your employees have tons of great ideas. Some of the sessions you're holding now help get that out, but people don't have an incentive to show you their best ideas. They'll hold back

Growing pains for Intuit, but heading in the right direction towards an innovative rebirth

Current Employee - Rotational Development Associate in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Rotational Development Associate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The work-life balance is phenomenal. There are lots of older employees with families and Intuit really respects their needs and desires to spend time with those that matter most. The result is a culture that is very open to allowing their employees to get their work done in the way that makes the most sense for that particular employee.

Cons

I think the demographic at Intuit is a bit dated and slow to change. I haven't really worked anywhere else for a long time, so I don't have any great comparisons, but everyone claims Intuit has a strong focus on development and feedback. While that may be true, I sometime question the quality of feedback given, and question what will happen with the honest feedback I provide. Will anyone take it seriously? Will it be to my disadvantage to provide constructive criticism? Also, the Intuit culture claims to be less political, but like all businesses the bureaucracy is still there.

Keep pushing us faster. As we are trying to make changes and become more innovative things are going to hurt...and it is way too comfortable around here. Let's make faster decisions, lets try more things, lets become more comfortable with failure.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit