Intuitive Surgical

www.intuitivesurgical.com

da Vinci Surgery is amazing. Working at Intuitive is not.

Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsRobotic surgery is incredible, and it's not going away. I am a believer in our product, and I am a believer in the value da Vinci brings to patients. The company has developed a brilliant platform technology with a large line of instruments and accessories that drive the company's market growth...and competition has yet to appear.

ConsToxic environment at Sunnyvale headquarters. I am constantly disappointed by management. Managers who have been at the company 5+ years are protected by senior management, despite routine and numerous reports of abusive behavior to HR, and notoriously high turnover on certain teams. People at this company tend to feel like hamsters at the wheel - the company prides itself on running lean, but the result is that employees are worked to the bone and offered little opportunity to look strategically beyond the tasks of the day. Compensation at headquarters averages in the 60th percentile, despite the high cost of living in Silicon Valley. The company has been padding relatively low salaries with stock, but in 2013, stock prices have come crashing down. No 401k match. Holiday days are lean - beginning with 11 days a year. Little growth opportunity - other med device companies have rotation opportunities - there's none of that here. And if you move to another team, it may be done in such a way that you see no bump in pay. Keep your sanity and work/life balance - don't work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the rumblings you hear from the ground level and take action against toxic managers - when your employees don't feel valued, the business hurts.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intuitive Surgical full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great pay. Great growth opportunities. Cons: Very "clickish"... Reminds me of High school. You have your "social climbers", who try to fit in with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Phenomenal product, excessive micromanagement, too much feedback.

Clinical Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intuitive Surgical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Product that truly benefits patient lives Pay is great when… Cons: Hours required to do the job right Being micromanaged beyond your… Advice to Senior Management: Don't ride your field sales team so hard. You would have more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Intuitive Surgical.

Worked for Intuitive Surgical? Contribute to the Community!