There are newer employer reviews for Intuitive Surgical

Exciting and rewarding place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Each day is different from the last day. Challenging - There are always new challenges. Excitement - Seeing the new things that ISI builds for surgeons is very exciting. Flexibility - ISI schedule is flexible Treated fairly - It seems that most people are treated fairly. Rewarding - Seeing the benefit of ISI products is very rewarding.

Cons

The pay seems average but not great. Everyone has a large work load. No matching on 401K. No official Project Management methods.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuitive Surgical

Intuitive Surgical Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

One of the upcoming company in the bay area. The opportunity to work on a one a kind product and technology.

Cons

The opportunity to move up in the company is very slow.

Advice to Management

Better communication with employees.

A Great Place for Engineers!

Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

This is a new field, with lots of challenges in many areas. The right answers are being figured out now, and working at Intuitive Surgical all of us get to be a part of that. It's by far the most talented and motivated group of people I've ever worked with, and everyone can see the impact of their work on the product, and the patients who are treated with it. It's a very ethical and data-driven place to work; there's relatively little drama about even major decisions, and though decisions don't always go the way I think they should, I do feel that I've got a say in them and that my voice is heard.

Cons

There's only one I see: there's nowhere to hide. If you're the kind of person who just wants to coast in a job, this is not the place for you. Everyone is given a lot of individual responsibility, which is part of the philosophy of small, nimble product teams.

Advice to Management

I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can add that would be helpful; Lonnie, now Gary, and the rest of the senior management is doing a fine job. As we grow, keeping the focus on why we're here and what we're trying to do will continue to be important to keeping all of us pulling in the same direction.