Intuitive Surgical
www.intuitivesurgical.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI love the excitement that goes on here. The people are terrifically fun, and hang out outside of work too. We go swimming together, biking, boating, exercising, dancing. I think our product is amazing, and I really like how my manager is to work with. He's extremely fair to me, and effusive in his praise.

ConsThere's a lot of work, and people work really hard. It feels like a start-up that never grew up. I wonder how much I'll like that in a few years. The other thing that bugs me is that in other groups there's a layer of middle management that I feel just goes along with the exec management. Fortunately, I don't have to put up with that BS!

Advice to Senior ManagementI've felt bad not being able to polish things for existing products because we're pushing the edge for the future ones, or not cleaning up existing code. Perhaps some time spent on this stuff instead of constant new work would boost morale...though honestly, most of us are really happy.

Exciting and rewarding place to work.

I have been working at Intuitive Surgical

Pros: Each day is different from the last day. Challenging - There are always new challenges. Excitement - Seeing the new things that ISI builds for surgeons is… Cons: The pay seems average but not great. Everyone has a large… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Intuitive Surgical Review

I have been working at Intuitive Surgical

Pros: One of the upcoming company in the bay area. The… Cons: The opportunity to move up in the company is very… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication with employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Intuitive Surgical.

Worked for Intuitive Surgical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuitive Surgical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intuitive Surgical CEO Gary S. Guthart . All reviews posted anonymously by Intuitive Surgical employees.