Invesco

www.invesco.com

Good place to work if you want to be in Finance, but not a good place to work if you want generous pay.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros--Supportive work environment.
--Good management.
--Good benefits.
--Good employees.
--It's a good place to work if you want to be in the world of Finance.

ConsSpecifically in the Houston office, unless you are high up in investments, executive management or senior management, the company is not very generous with its pay/bonuses. This is mostly due to the fact that the only major financial institutions in Houston are AIG and Invesco. As such, since competition for highly skilled finance jobs are low, Invesco can pay highly skilled employees less.

Also, the bonus structure is designed to pick and choose which employees management want to reward. When the bonus structure was explained to me, it sounded as complicated as the tax code. With many companies, there is a flat percentage given to employees and another discretionary percentage depending on performance. At Invesco, the entire bonus is relatively discretionary. The company may do really well, but if management does not think that you performed very well, you may very well not make a bonus at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's o.k. to keep the base pay relatively low, but be much more generous with the bonuses. If the CEO gets a 30% bonus, give every employee a 30% bonus as the employees helped produce the results of the company. Morale drops considerably when the CEO gets a 30% bonus on 14 million in compensation and the employees get only 5% bonus on $40,000 in compensation.

Friendly and educational

Securities Pricing Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Invesco as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Great managers and work environment Cons: - Sometimes not as professional as other firms in same… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Breadth of Distribution

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Invesco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This is a company that will provide ample opportunity from… Cons: Senior Management is clueless. They live in their own… Advice to Senior Management: Start thinking about growing a lasting company and spend less… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Invesco.

Worked for Invesco? Contribute to the Community!