Salary And Work Culture

Former Employee - Snior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Snior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Investment Technology Group

Pros

Professional Working Atmosphere Exposure to the latest technology Open working culture Competent Management Competent Salary in the Market Best Location

Cons

Perl is havily used in the company and all the projects Use of Database is not present Parking is not available

Advice to Management

Should provide Training to the employees from time to time on the latest technologies Database should be used in the projects.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A company that could be the best if they knew their employees better

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Investment Technology Group

Pros

ITG was very convenient to where I was living. It was centrally located in the middle of midtown manhattan and convenient to get to from all aspects of the city (right outside of grand central station). even when the weather was very poor, you could go through the bear stearns building to end up right across the street from the office building.

Cons

Management was very unfair when it came to promotions. It felt that they promoted members of the team based on ethnicity, not skill and ability. There was a lot of favoritism in the company, so if you became very good friends with the management outside of the company, you were given a lot of 'extra assistance' inside the company.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees fairly. There is a lot of people talking behind the backs of each other and that is not how a company should be run. A company where the employees are happy is a place where a company can prosper, get larger and wealthier. Look at google and AOL...their employees love working there because the management style is much fairer. We are working many hours (above the standard 40) and sometimes when we are coming in at 3am, we are still expected to get back into the office at 6am. sometimes, we don't even leave until 5am, or maybe even stay there overnight.

2. Working

Former Employee - Senior QA in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior QA in London, England (UK)

I worked at Investment Technology Group

Pros

Takes care of the employees well and provides freedom to work

Cons

provide learning opportunities and improve processes