OK, but "club" environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Investment Technology Group

Pros

It's a good place to work with decent salary, benefits, etc. There are many different groups to work within because of their enterprise solutions.

Cons

It's a good place to work with decent salary, benefits, etc. But if you are not in the old boys club, you won't advance

Provide more feedback to employees on corporate status. And maybe relay down the ranks that good employees should be (at least ) praised for good work

Other Reviews for Investment Technology Group

Salary And Work Culture

Former Employee - Snior Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Snior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Investment Technology Group

Pros

Professional Working Atmosphere
    Exposure to the latest technology
    Open working culture
    Competent Management
    Competent Salary in the Market
    Best Location

Cons

Perl is havily used in the company and all the projects
    Use of Database is not present
    Parking is not available

Should provide Training to the employees from time to time on the latest technologies
    Database should be used in the projects.

A company that could be the best if they knew their employees better

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Investment Technology Group

Pros

ITG was very convenient to where I was living. It was centrally located in the middle of midtown manhattan and convenient to get to from all aspects of the city (right outside of grand central station). even when the weather was very poor, you could go through the bear stearns building to end up right across the street from the office building.

Cons

Management was very unfair when it came to promotions. It felt that they promoted members of the team based on ethnicity, not skill and ability. There was a lot of favoritism in the company, so if you became very good friends with the management outside of the company, you were given a lot of 'extra assistance' inside the company.

Treat the employees fairly. There is a lot of people talking behind the backs of each other and that is not how a company should be run. A company where the employees are happy is a place where a company can prosper, get larger and wealthier. Look at google and AOL...their employees love working there because the management style is much fairer. We are working many hours (above the standard 40) and sometimes when we are coming in at 3am, we are still expected to get back into the office at 6am. sometimes, we don't even leave until 5am, or maybe even stay there overnight.

There are newer employer reviews for Investment Technology Group.

Worked for Investment Technology Group? Contribute to the Community!