There are newer employer reviews for Ipsos

If you like large corporate management, Ipsos is the right place for you....

Former Employee - Director MediaCT in New York, NY
Former Employee - Director MediaCT in New York, NY

I worked at Ipsos full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with many opportunities and produces a quality product. If your manager and co-workers are good to work with, the job can be great. Many of the people in MediaCT are terrific...especially the legacy OTXers. It's in the Time Life Building if you like the Time Square area.

Cons

It's all about the money and sometimes very senior management takes action that your own manager may not be aware of until the last minute....e.g. .if your division isn't reaching it's goals, eventually, there may be downsizing. This has been happening in some areas of the company, especially after the purchase of Synnovate, another very large research firm.

Try to bring a more personal caring approach to management.

reviews filtered by

It is a good work environment, but the work/life balance never happens - you are always working.

Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees (not management) support each other a lot. We work together to solve problems and spread out the work when it is overwhelming.

Cons

Management has no idea what is going on at the lower levels. They don't understand how hard we are working, how long things actually take and why we, like everyone else, need to actually follow processes that have been set in place. Everyone at the lower levels is stressed and frustrated.

There is a lot of work and not enough employees on the team to cover the workload. We work long hours and the work/life balance is very skewed. People are very unhappy. Mistakes are being made because of the work overload, pressure and lack of support. Once mistakes are made, we are reprimanded harshly for making them. No one is trying to find the root of the issue.

Stinky politics, mediocre work

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ipsos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professional development and industry experience

Cons

Organized dysfunction and mediocre results, lack of ability to get simple things done

If you were the client, would you be satisfied?

There are newer employer reviews for Ipsos