There are newer employer reviews for Ipsos

Not bad but too big, boring, and bureaucratic

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people. Get to work with great clients

Cons

Very bureaucratic. Most people aren't very friendly. I have worked here over a year and haven't even spoken to 90% of the office

Advice to Management

Not a management problem - it's primarily the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Ipsos

If you like large corporate management, Ipsos is the right place for you....

Former Employee - Director MediaCT in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director MediaCT in New York, NY

I worked at Ipsos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with many opportunities and produces a quality product. If your manager and co-workers are good to work with, the job can be great. Many of the people in MediaCT are terrific...especially the legacy OTXers. It's in the Time Life Building if you like the Time Square area.

Cons

It's all about the money and sometimes very senior management takes action that your own manager may not be aware of until the last minute....e.g. .if your division isn't reaching it's goals, eventually, there may be downsizing. This has been happening in some areas of the company, especially after the purchase of Synnovate, another very large research firm.

Advice to Management

Try to bring a more personal caring approach to management.

It is a good work environment, but the work/life balance never happens - you are always working.

Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees (not management) support each other a lot. We work together to solve problems and spread out the work when it is overwhelming.

Cons

Management has no idea what is going on at the lower levels. They don't understand how hard we are working, how long things actually take and why we, like everyone else, need to actually follow processes that have been set in place. Everyone at the lower levels is stressed and frustrated.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of work and not enough employees on the team to cover the workload. We work long hours and the work/life balance is very skewed. People are very unhappy. Mistakes are being made because of the work overload, pressure and lack of support. Once mistakes are made, we are reprimanded harshly for making them. No one is trying to find the root of the issue.