Ipsos

www.ipsos.com
  www.ipsos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ipsos

Bad Experience, with low morals

I have been working at Ipsos

Pros

Gained industry acquired experience throughout.

Cons

Not enough promotion prospects in the company.

321 Other Employee Reviews for Ipsos (View Most Recent)

One size does not fit all

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Ipsos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some amazingly talented researchers work at Ipsos and most are more than happy to provide support, help and advice when it's needed.

Cons

-- Too much emphasis on using only Ipsos products/methods for research. While standardization of can maximize profits, it does not meet the research needs for many of the Fortune 100 companies.
    -- Business units are silos so there is no incentive for those in operations to pay attention to project budgets. Likewise, it makes it difficult to chip in and help on a project for a BU different than your own.
    -- No respect for older employees. Recent layoffs have overwhelmingly been among employees 40+. They don't want to pay the salaries for experienced employees.

It seems like profits are a higher priority than good market research. Put good, creative and cutting edge research in the forefront and profit will follow.

Great people, no work life balance

Current Employee - Project Director
    Current Employee - Project Director

I have been working at Ipsos full-time

Pros

The people are amazing. They work hard and have some of the biggest hearts out there. The company itself sounds great on paper - its one of the largest in the industry. Good name recognition.

Cons

Where to start. There's no work life balance and the expectation is that you sacrifice yourself for the client. People are stressed, it's the norm, and there's no break. People are leaving left and right for good reason. You can't live like this for long. And there's no room for promotion. Good luck trying to become a moderator if you're a project manager. Otherwise you're just stuck in operations, mindlessly and furiously fielding research.

Hire more PDs so you're not asking us to work 12 hour days. Spread the work around so we can focus on our clients instead of racing through projects. Listen to us when we say it's too much.

There are newer employer reviews for Ipsos