Ipsos

www.ipsos.com

Ipsos Research Manager

Current Employee - Research Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

A positive point about Ipsos is the amount of space that seniors give juniors in putting together proposals and reports.

Cons

The downsides of Ipsos is the amount of work compared to the salary. Also the promotion scheme is somewhat unfair towards outsiders.

Be more open minded to outsiders who come into the company. More opportunies need to be provided to outsiders who come in.

Other reviews for Ipsos

Great place to work for young people

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

Pros

IPSOS is filled with young people so it's a great environment for someone fresh out of college. There are lots of great smart people around to guide and teach you about the market research business.
    Also if you do a good job the company will try hard to retain you. As a global company, second chances or movement within the company are easy to come by.

Cons

Salary is not very competitive. Lots of turn over by senior management. Life/work balance can be tough during demanding periods. Training is expected on the job and rather hap hazard.

Develop a better training program for new employees
    More communication is needed across divisions/offices

Downtown office. Non-P&G team. Being an RA is great for people who like structure and numbers!!!

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

For a job straight out of college, it pays well and has wonderful benefits. It's great for someone who is detail oriented and likes numbers. There is enough freedom here to give you the opportunity to help on different types of projects and also the ability to step up and become an "expert" on something for your team.

Very relaxed, laid back workplace. There are opportunities for interoffice activities which are generally based around food. Overall the office is young and eager to learn.

Cons

The job can become a little daunting at times. If you tend to be a more creative person, there are often times where you feel as though there isn't anywhere to really utilize your creativity. This is a project management position but most of the job consists of double checking numbers and formatting presentations. However, because this is marketing research there needs to be specified standards and templates, because there would be no way to validate our products if everyone was allowed the creativity to run tests differently every time.

As far as the actual work place is concerned, there is a disconnect between the different divisions in Ipsos. If we're supposed to be a global company, why isn't there more interaction across divisions in order to best service our clients? Also, there seems to be more stress and pressure on the P&G team, whereas the non P&G team is closer knit.

Like I mentioned, since the company is global, you think they're be more opportunities for travel...nope.

Try to encourage more interaction across divisions. Take the time to teach new RAs what it is that makes Ipsos and ASI so good at what we do. Break things down to us so that we can fully understand the methodologies and reasons why we ask the types of questions we ask and show us how to analyze. Don't expect us to just know everything, especially if we haven't been trained or taught.

There are newer employer reviews for Ipsos.

Worked for Ipsos? Contribute to the Community!