There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

With President Brennan out, lots of changes.... some, not so good.

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Livermore, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc

Pros

Although the benefits package is good, salaries are lagging with industry comparable companies. Also, the business model is changing, but the company feverishly continues to focus on "a box on the shelf and a tape in the slot." Digital is the future, so its surprising that Mr. Reese decided to forego that path.

Cons

Its interesting to see that while the company's core beliefs are espoused constantly, posted in every location, and talked about ad nauseum, they are not really taken to heart.

While not touching the sacred cow (recurring revenue stream), the company should also focus on some forward thinking technologies to be pertinent in the near-term future. Otherwise, 5 years from now after its sold 20 more Norht American buildings, it will wonder where have all the boxes gone?

358 Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc (View Most Recent)

great experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc

Pros

great team to work with. world class companies as partners.

Cons

big company and lots of change

stay in touch with your employees

Not too happy working at Iron Mountain

Current Employee - Operations  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc

Pros

I enjoy working my co-workers. Iron Mountain provides me with a paycheck. Some good benefits.

Cons

Many cons: 1) Poor leadership. Within the past year in Sacramento many managers and supervisors have come and gone (whether it be getting fired, quitting or getting demoted). The people at the top do not know how to choose the right leadership team. 2) No room for job advancement or growth. I know many people that I work with that want to learn more and try to better themselves so they could move up within the company but management only choose who they want, not based on job knowledge, skills or competence. They basically choose who they like so there is a lot of favoritism that goes on within the company. 3) Poor communication. Three employees recently got transferred to another Iron Mountain facility and there was no mention of it from management. There are so many questions...why did they get transferred, are we downsizing, are we losing business, who is going to get let go next? So much for open communication between upper management and employees. 4) Numbers.....that's all they care about. How many actions can you get in 8 hours? I know that performance is important for any company but employees are getting injured and many mistakes are happening because many of them are taking short cuts just to try to meet the company's daily quotas. Maybe the company should focus on something else..like giving the customer what they want (customer service at the company is not too good). I could probably list a few more cons but I think I'll stop here for now.

Be more open with your employees (whether it be good news or bad news). We are all adults here so don't treat us like we're children.

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!