Poorly run company

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Royersford, PA
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Royersford, PA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc

Pros

You can make good money there.

Cons

no promotions, management plays favorites, very difficult to get ahead.

Advice to Management

show fairness toward all employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Favorites chosen by sr. management. Quite often credit for your hard work is taken by someone else.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc

Pros

Pay is competitive, you do have the ability to work with great systems.

Cons

Lots of politics, can be very cut throat at the top.

Advice to Management

Ask who is doing the hard work and provide advancement to others not just the favorites out of the group (who end up taking credit for your work).

Not too happy working at Iron Mountain

Current Employee - Operations in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc

Pros

I enjoy working my co-workers. Iron Mountain provides me with a paycheck. Some good benefits.

Cons

Many cons: 1) Poor leadership. Within the past year in Sacramento many managers and supervisors have come and gone (whether it be getting fired, quitting or getting demoted). The people at the top do not know how to choose the right leadership team. 2) No room for job advancement or growth. I know many people that I work with that want to learn more and try to better themselves so they could move up within the company but management only choose who they want, not based on job knowledge, skills or competence. They basically choose who they like so there is a lot of favoritism that goes on within the company. 3) Poor communication. Three employees recently got transferred to another Iron Mountain facility and there was no mention of it from management. There are so many questions...why did they get transferred, are we downsizing, are we losing business, who is going to get let go next? So much for open communication between upper management and employees. 4) Numbers.....that's all they care about. How many actions can you get in 8 hours? I know that performance is important for any company but employees are getting injured and many mistakes are happening because many of them are taking short cuts just to try to meet the company's daily quotas. Maybe the company should focus on something else..like giving the customer what they want (customer service at the company is not too good). I could probably list a few more cons but I think I'll stop here for now.

Advice to Management

Be more open with your employees (whether it be good news or bad news). We are all adults here so don't treat us like we're children.