Iron Mountain Inc

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

Good Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, Iron Mountain understands that your family has a priority. Great attitude makes for a low-stress, happy work day. Also good job security, this company isn't going anywhere and there are many job opportunities and they promote from within. Bonuses for ALL employees when earned on a territory bases.

Cons

Annual raises are minuscule. If you don't want to wait years to get promoted, you'll need to take advantage of their tuition reimbursement and get a degree.

More benefits, bigger annual merit raises for production workers, percentages based off small wages make for tiny raises.

412 Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc (View Most Recent)

Choosing to leave

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are generally some good people at this company, with good intentions. However they are often not the people in a place of power, and if they do they don't leverage their position to make a positive difference.

Cons

I have found many of my co-workers petty, dishonest, and not team players. Decisions are told in a manner which does not consider peoples feelings. I heard of someone who was in NYC and fired over the phone during Hurricane Sandy so that IRM would not have to let people go in November - too close to the holiday. I hate to say it, but here the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and those with bad attitudes have more say than the positive people.

Find a strategy and stick to it, have patience in your decision and your employees.

Downhill Slide - No longer a place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Literally the satisfaction of helping someone and experiencing their happiness at finding just the right answer to their problem. The pay is better than unemployment. The building at Collegeville is across from the shopping center with the Ulta in it. Great friendships can be made with co-workers.

Cons

The stress is really up and most of girls I know are looking for new jobs. Literally the workload is increasing; manager may say you're an assigned person and then they stick you in a pool. So they say they're always hiring, but that's just to make you feel better. Managers don't maintain professionalism, yelling about phones cross the floor. They are always showing a ton of favoritism to certain employees. If management likes you, or you're buddies with them, the you get all the smoke breaks and everyone else suffers.They have IT teams that do nothing about the AWS system and can't answer any questions if helps needed. Constant pressure to do more with less, alot less. Literally no real input on how things are run. Continually stressful work environment!

Guys, we used to be a great company. We made money by providing great customer service. Over the last six months, especially in Collegeville, we've changed to one that is focused on cutting costs. Stop cheating the customers by consolidating employees into pools and pods. It's like we literally don't even care about the customer anymore, let alone us employees. Pay the women that work for you the same as the men. Try treating employees with respect. Management should focus their attention on retaining those employees that truly love and appreciate the company .

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc