Iron Mountain Inc

www.ironmountain.com
  www.ironmountain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

Former employee, recently laid off

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Company is ethical, well-respected, and flexible regarding business needs. Systems and tools are updated regularly. Staff is treated with respect.

Cons

Like many companies, support roles are being consolidated or shifted overseas. Company has laid off many employees over the last few years. Front line staff has been trimmed to the bone. Employees are asked to do more, work faster, with fewer resources. At corporate level, much confusion regarding who does what. A lot of passing the buck. I worked for IM for 10 years and was still in the lower end of the salary range for my position. Raises were minimal.

385 Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc (View Most Recent)

Enjoyed the experience

Former Employee - GM, Transportation in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - GM, Transportation in Austin, TX

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Iron Mountain is a solid company doing good work to take care of client's information (Secure shredding, Records management and Data Protection)

Cons

The company is lost and looking for ways to maintain it's revenue stream. They are losing business and trying to evolve to stay relevant and find growth.

This is the best job I have ever had

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solid history of performance and growth has kept the company in the Fortune 1000. Unlike other well established companies, Iron Mountain continuously reinvents itself to maintain its global leader position without losing touch with its local customers in every market. Being innovative and dynamic provides the right individuals with plenty opportunities for career growth. The company has a solid culture of self accountability, non-performers and people with poor attitudes are not tolerated and usually rejected by their own peers. I have been with Iron Mountain for over half a decade and look forward to retiring here (I have a long way to go).

Cons

It is a huge public corporation with demanding shareholders. This demands a lot from employees at all levels. There is never a dull moment at Iron Mountain.

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc