Iron Mountain Inc

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

Huge Layoff

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Royersford, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Royersford, PA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Team members are awesome, we understand each other because we are the ones which suffer on a daily basis.

Cons

They are laying off and outsourcing all jobs to Philippines and India. The systems that they use are archaic, AWS, Safe Keeper Plus ( which is Dos), Billtrust by far is the worst billing system ever created. Low pay for the amount of work they make you do. No growth and they actually had the audacity to have interviews after a huge layoff in the office. They have no respect for their loyal employees that have stuck it out thru thick and thin with them and also adjusted to 1,000,000 changes being made. This company is definitely going under and thank goodness they laid me off so I can no longer be apart of this madness. I'm sure this will be the best thing that has happened to me. My advice to anyone looking to work for this company, get ready to work your brains out with minimum pay, while using horrible systems along with incompetent management. Runnnnnnnnnn and don't look back! No longer a great company to work for.

Listen to what people have to say and have some respect and stop hiring people after laying off and displacing families. Be discreet at least!!! Never higher managers from outside. Hire your managers within because they come in and are dumbfounded as hell. Please fire that CEO Bill Meaney he is horrible, laying off from the bottom up instead of the top down. Greed is a deadly weapon, this company is not going to make it unfortunately!!

406 Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc (View Most Recent)

bad working environment equals bad performance

Current Employee - Records Center Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Records Center Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

good workout...decent pay...vending machine items cost .25 cents..thats about it...

Cons

stressful, dusty ass enviroment, frustration, favoritism..meeting near impossible quotas...limited equipment to work with...it took me a good 30 mins. just to pull a long ass box out from behind other boxes, in a tight ass aisle and it had no handles, and half broken boxes..spent most of my time on those kinds of boxes and they expect you to meet a near impossible quota..all this because of the TERRIBLE layout of the entire warehouse and the way they stacked the boxes...i don't know about the other Iron Mountain locations but the one in Sacramento is BAD.

set more reasonable, manageable quotas and give a better working environment and equipment

WOW!! Didn't learn the lessons from the 2011 layoffs?

Former Employee - Manager in Collegeville, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Collegeville, PA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are none at Iron Mountain anymore... I was laid off in 2011 which turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me!!

Cons

Everything has been outsourced and continues to be.

Stop cutting the employees from the bottom of company and start making changes at the top where the real problems exist. I still keep in touch with some of the folks in the trenches and it took almost a year to recover from the 2011 layoffs. My question is will this company recover from these changes?

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc