There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

Started out a great place to work, however management took to turning a blind eye on poor supervisor performance.

Former Employee - Courier in Tangent, OR
Former Employee - Courier in Tangent, OR

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, full-time, can be flexible, quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Poor management, poor supervision, never trusted their employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your entry level, low level employees. Try not to over manage them; perhaps they actually know what they're doing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I would prefer unemployment to this.

Current Contractor - Document Prep in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Document Prep in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The ONLY pro is that for me, it´s close to home.

Cons

Where do i start? Virtually the entire warehouse staff are contract employees. The facility is unheated. Rather cold in Dallas and I am bundled up with a winter coat and a scarf at work. It´s actually warmer outside. Access to the facility is problematic. Contract workers are not given ID´s that open doors, There is access control for the bathrooms and lunchroom. You can get in, but not out. So basically you have to hold it until taking breaks or lunch. In an emergency you can bang on the door and hope somebody is nearby that hears and lets you out. You can leave for lunch, but you are required to leave your ID. Problem is the person that mans the door (there is only one) also takes lunch at that time. Good luck getting back in the building on time. All work done by an employee is logged into one specific computer by that employee. So, at the end of the shift, there is a line. Makes it very difficult to leave on time. There are not enough chairs to go around. If you don´t get there early and claim one, you´re out of luck. You´ll be standing for your whole shift.

Advice to Management

Go on the show "Undercover Boss" and see what it´s like. I dare ya.

Company is going though change, but good - necessary change.

Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Heavy focus on developing people and skills. Good salaries and benefits. Leadership cares a lot about the people of the company.

The company is going through major structural and leadership change right now. It will be a little while before these changes take effect -- so my opinion is neutral for now, but I think the changes were necessary.I believe and hope the they will bring on positive effects.

Cons

There has been a lack of vision since the sale of the digital business. If the company isn't the one to bridge physical and digital records management, what is the future? Paper storage is profitable, but for how long will the business be relevant?

Advice to Management

Figure out the long-term relevance of the business and make sure employees understand and buy into it.