There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

Bright, caring staff poised to successfully land high growth opportunities now that it's a REIT

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bright and surprisingly creative and flexible staff makes work engaging and fun. Long-timers know where the bodies are buried and are able to steer newbies clear of potential problems. Much of the training is self-help videos and online exercises, generally very good. Excellent market data, leads and research ensure the best and brightest have the best info to make good decisions and to be most productive. Solid benefits and pay. Vision and Mission are easy to get behind and support.

Cons

A challenging environment to gain proficiency; some processes seem over engineered and people in the know go around these hurdles, causing fires elsewhere. Good communication and transparency, though, but cycles are burned unnecessarily. CYA emails and figuring out what's going on by the 48th forward is tedious, but it's in the culture.

We need a process to autopsy things that go wrong and another to challenge industry data and stats based on our own experiences. Teams in the field have a lot of industry and competitive insight that could better be shared - perhaps on Salesforce "Chatter" Also, we should have "No Meeting Fridays" to catch up, distill and share what we've learned.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Company

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor/Facility Security Officer in Richmond, VA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

While working fot Iron Mountain I found the atmosphere to be flexible, progressive and challenging.

Cons

The area the company can improve in is training and development. Sometimes employees are promoted without being trained and this can make their experience a stressful one.

Continue to put frontline employees first. This is not a commom practice that other companies demand.

Poor Management and continuous layoff have resulted in negative moral.

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time

Pros

Made some good career friends.

Cons

Several years when I started it was a great place to work with promise of career growth. Now it is a dead end, you only get promoted if Mgmt likes you. The RM area is a joke. The last 2 year they cannot keep experienced employees - the doors keep revolving in Boston or Collegeville/Royersford and part of it is POOR Mgmt.

Treat people like human beings not a commodity and offer promotions based on skills and not just to your friends. You are running a public company.

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc