Iron Will International

www.ironwillint.com
  www.ironwillint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Iron Will International

If i hadn't Moved with my family, i'd still be working there

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Account Executive in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really liked the atmosphere. Very positive work environment, Team nights provided an opportunity to build relationships with co-workers and upper management. Entry-level to management growth process was real structured and fast. Pay at assistant manager $1,000/w plus commission was good too. But what struck me the most was how such a small company could do so much for such big clients.

Cons

I didn't like that they only sent the top rep in the office to regional and national meetings. Felt like more then one person should have the opportunity to go but i guess they used it to create competition.

Send more guys to regional and national meetings and you'll grow faster.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Iron Will International (View Most Recent)

A Sales company, that falls flat on most every level

Former Employee - Field Representative in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were great to work with, and were excellent at helping train and assist me with the sales consulting process and various job pitches.

Cons

The company 'HQ' is very poor; a run-down, 2-room spot in a strip-mall, where the main 'meeting-room', consists of a fan and a black-board.. no chairs, no tables, nothing else.

The pay-scale is very poor; when you start, you either earn an hourly-pay of minimum wage, or your commissions for the week; whichever is more. You also earn $45 per kitchen 'sale' and $15 per bathroom 'sale'... and by 'sale', I mean, you walk around a Home Depot, doing sales' pitches to every customer there.. trying to get them to sign-up for a complete re-model of their Kitchen or Bathroom. Needless to say, it is quite hard to get sign-ups, and you are very often met with people who are, well, annoyed.. by your soliciting.. and the folder & various paperwork you are carrying with you when you approach them randomly.

The job's hours are typically 11 am to 9-10 pm. You are in the store from 1 - 7:30 pm, and then have to drive back to HQ for a follow-up. Oftentimes though, the owner will also go to a store, and not get back to HQ until near 9 pm, which makes the day quite lengthy. Also, after driving to your company HQ, you will typically drive to areas like Fridley, Coon Rapids, & Woodbury; all of which is nearly 40 miles one-way. So unless you are making good on your commissions, your hourly wages will likely hardly cover your gas expenses, given the price of gas nowadays.

My biggest con with this company though, is that the owner is not very well-trained at being a supervisor-type figure, or running a business. Various co-workers of mine would complain about not being paid for months after their timesheet was submitted, and considering that you are told that the job pays weekly when at orientation, that is not very reasonable. I found this fact out the hard way, but due to this web-sites guidelines, I will not go into detail, but rather warn others to not fall into the same situation as I have.

Raise the starting pay for your employees, and perhaps actually 'PAY' them when they leave their assignments.

Excellence!!!

Former Employee - Retail Associate/Promotions in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Associate/Promotions in Tampa, FL

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growth, Expansions, rapid advancement, great compensation, Had a lot of fun while I worked here made a lot of money also. Only reason I had to leave was medical reason with family members. Otherwise I would still be there, would like to have considered it a great career choice.

Cons

No cons to report really, its not for some people who aren't willing to put in work. but those who do excel!! The growth is unprecedented how fast you can move and the life skill i learned along the way.

Keep reaching for the stars!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Will International