Irvine Company

There are newer employer reviews for Irvine Company

Storng Company- Smart Business People, Lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Training is incredible- they really invest in their employees. The people I work with are amazingly talented, intelligent, helpful, honest, and supportive.The company itself is a powerhouse in the Western side of the US and continuously growing.

Cons

Difficult goals to meet, low paying commission structure, takes a LOT of time to become great at your role and develop a pipeline of sales prospects. It's tough depending on the decisions of others in order to make a great paycheck. In the end, the paycheck is pretty discouraging.

Improve the commission structure for Leasing Consultants. It's a lot of work to sell in a recession (especially at the increasing prices that ICAC is charging), and $40-$50k a year for someone who is hitting their goals consistently isn't enough to keep my eyes from wandering to other job opportunities. I love the company, but I deserve to be earning more and I'm looking into other opportunities that can pay me what I'm worth.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Irvine Company (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Property Assistant/Associate- Office Properties in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very stable employment. Do your job and you are set. There are lots of opportunities for growth throughout the company. Competitive pay.

Cons

Not so great benefits. Health insurance options for PPO are expensive $120 a month! Not including dental or vision. HMO coverage for $40 is horrible and nothing is really covered other than preventative care. 401k, IC only matches up to 4%.

Stay open to hearing from the people who keep the wheels turning.

A Fear Based Company. Run The Other Way!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Irvine Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You work at beautiful apartment communities.

Cons

Poor work/life balance for on-site employees. Must work weekends and some holidays are mandatory. The company is hurting financially because it raises it's rents on vacant units 2% per week until filled. They would rather over- price the apartments and let them remain vacant as long as a year in some cases, instead of dropping the rental price.

Employees are poorly treated and feedback to management is highly discouraged. They can't retain "Top Talent." The Human Resources Dept. will lie to you just to get you on-board with the
    company. Even if you're a Leasing Superstar your best will never be enough. You're only as good as you're current week's numbers. The pressure is intense and that's an understatement.

I left on my own accord because I had an extremely incompetent Community Manager and got tired of covering up his mistakes. Plus, the company culture is the worst I've ever encountered.

Get your act together. Streamline your current processes and listen to your employees that are in the "trenches."

There are newer employer reviews for Irvine Company