There are newer employer reviews for Irvine Company

Fantastic organization with exceptional people

Former Employee - District Manager in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - District Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Irvine Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professionalism, top tier product properties in CA

Cons

Nothing negative to share about the Irvine Co

Other Employee Reviews for Irvine Company

Dictionary definition of mismanagement

I have been working at Irvine Company full-time

Pros

Looks good on resume since they have so many people fooled.

Cons

Worse treatment of people I have ever seen in over a decade in the industry. Managers are selected by who drank the most kool aid and senior management likes. We have one manager who has no education or experience in the industry get promoted to a senior management position. In a few months 8 people have quit and there's been harrasment investigation. That should tell you something right there. Constantly told by senior management how great the company is. The tell you how great they are as individuals. Um, if you're so great, you don't have to tell people! They will see! Ideas are brushed off since they were not thought of by management, or stolen.

Advice to Management

Don't talk about it, be about it! Maybe get some people with some interpwrsonal communication skills, passed the class with more than a C. Get people with hospitality management degrees. Stop lying about empowerment since everyone is micromanaged to the nth degree. People don't feel they can be honest for fear of retaliation.

sort of like being in the military. pay your dues and go on to a better company.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at several properties during my time at IC. The only reason that I worked there was to get some professional experience. Other benefits were that they were near to my home, compensated corporate apparel, and provided coffee?

Cons

In a nutshell: totalitarian, kool-aid-drinking corporate and horrific managers During my time here I was offered job placement by corporate employees that made sexual advances. I had a manager make various racial slurs. And the largest issue was surely that managers hold no responsibility. They push most of the work to the mid-level managers.

Advice to Management

pull your weight. so much effort is put into new methods to get more work from less pay. be accountable and celebrate success too.