Irvine Company

www.irvinecompany.com
  www.irvinecompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Irvine Company

Great Benefits and great staff.

Current Employee - Guest Services in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Guest Services in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant Work Environment and good staff.

Cons

Promotions are hard to earn.

Promotions

56 Other Employee Reviews for Irvine Company (View Most Recent)

"I think what you think."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay. Opportunity to grow. If you keep your head down and don't offer input or opinions, you can move up. The environment is conservative and professional.

Cons

A few years ago the culture within the Company was positive and thriving. We were working together, the company was growing and upper management seemingly cared about employees. A cultural change occurred when a power shift happened within the company. Many of the most competent high level execs were fired as a less respected employee quickly ascended and gained power. Dialogue and alternate opinions were no longer tolerated. Employees quickly learned to take direction and follow. Team spirit all but disappeared as fear dominated. Virtually all the bright, thinking, competent top executives were fired. The company presently has a dictatorial feel. Decisions are made from the top, with minimal input from the people who are experts in the various departments. The result is incompetence all around. It feels as if the soul of the company is gone and the company is now in a mode where it responds rather than making thoughtful and planned decisions. It's very disheartening to be a part of this once great company and watch it flounder under heavy handed tactics. The last of the true cultural leaders of the Irvine Company have now been fired and many of us are very concerned about what the future holds for the company and Orange County. Many wonder if Don Bren fully understands the gamesmanship and manipulations that are going on.

The culture of the Company has changed drastically. Many are no longer proud to work here. The last of our caring & creative leaders are being shown the door. Bring back knowledgeable professionals and listen to them. Work to remove the fear based tactics. We want to be proud to work here but it's becoming very difficult.

elitest attitudes and immature sorority ethics

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Irvine, CA

I worked at Irvine Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

resume filler, cheap beverage machine

Cons

Unfair and malicious management styles. CS Manager is more concerned about her false eyelashes than to help customers or vendors. Sales manager was very keen of this and took up the slack for the more unexperienced, rude customer service manager. Important issues go overlooked like fellow associates with temper problems, just to avoid department heat (furnished apartment division) therefore causing a terrible work environment. Unsupervised weekend shifts where you're left in a building with maybe 2 others.

The was an internship but you receive no college credit, I don't know how that actually works. Probably to justify the low pay, and I mean low. The basically hire you from a temp agency, and call you an intern.

hire qualified management