There are newer employer reviews for Irving Oil Corporation

sad wake up

Current Employee - Teck V in West Lebanon, NH
Current Employee - Teck V in West Lebanon, NH

I have been working at Irving Oil Corporation

Pros

it is a stable company, in this area your trade is needed. job sicurity, the company is big enough that it should remain a viable company they are the leader in this area by aquzition

Cons

management keeps changing they cant seem to get good focused people, the managers just have meetings and dont manage their people

never mine the new shirts and ties go for someone who has the passion for the profesion like the founder did , it is not just about the bottom line. that maters but if you dont pay atention to the customer you wont have a bottom line they need to have a conection to the employe like the founder did the middle management below the irvings dont have a clue how disconected and ambivilent the are and treet the employes.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Former Employee - Accountant in Saint John, NB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Accountant in Saint John, NB (Canada)

I worked at Irving Oil Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Professional people and working environment.

Cons

Offices are located mainly in atlantic canada.

2. great company full of smart and hard working people

Former Intern - MBA Intern in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Intern - MBA Intern in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Irving Oil Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I worked here as a summer MBA intern several years ago. I came from a wall street background and wanted to try something new. I had low expectations (being from New York) but I was really impressed by all the smart and hard working people that were at this company. I just didn't expect this from a company based in NH (Portland office). It was a valuable experience for me. I realized the smartest and hardest people don't necessarily work on wall street, just the most rude and money grubbing people do. I really enjoyed this job and the people there. It was a great experience.

Cons

Unless you live in Portsmouth, the commute can be long. The office is small -- my guess is 100 people? My impression was that there was not much room for advancement there.

You have some great people there. Don't take them for granted. They are lucky to have a job in NH, but you are lucky they are even there working for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Irving Oil Corporation