Good for your year between college and law school

Former Employee - Legal Assistant  in  Beverly Hills, CA
Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter

Pros

I worked as a legal assistant for one of the lawyers there, and it was a solid entry-level job, although I assume the experience might depend on which lawyer you worked for. The one I worked for was understanding and kind, laid-back and liberal. I did not get to know most of the attorneys there very well, but the atmosphere as a whole was friendly and relaxed. The building was nice and in a convenient location. I believe the attorneys there practice all types of law, but if you are interested in entertainment law, it's an especially good place to learn.

Cons

I have no idea about the situation for the attorneys, but for many of the assistants, it was just a place to work in between undergrad and grad school. Most of the assistants went on to law school after they completed a year or two of being a legal assistant. Thus, the work could get repetitive, boring, or slow. I suppose if you knew you were going to stay longer with the firm then it would be a lot easier to get excited about the job, but as I said, for most of us, it was just a temporary stop before moving on.

I did not have must contact with the Senior Management, and therefore do not know what to suggest.