There are newer employer reviews for Isilon, A Division of EMC

A great place to work with an exceptional product.

Former Employee - Product Support Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Product Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Isilon, A Division of EMC

Pros

Before being acquired by EMC, Isilon firmly positioned itself as a leader in Gartners Magic Quadrant. Now, the Isilon Storage Division is a solid component of the EMC organization. Working with Isilon storage clusters will give you immense technical knowledge that is almost impossible to find elsewhere. Isilon has many experienced engineers that will share their knowledge with you at any moment. I have rarely worked with a more intelligent group of people.

Cons

Some support systems are fragmented and minimally integrated. Limited documentation makes the support engineers job difficult at times. The rapid growth of the division right now does not lend time to the development of internal support tools. Sometimes it is a struggle to find accurate and approved solutions for customers.

The global support department does not feel like a coherent team. It sometimes feels as if there is a battle between shifts and even roles. Soliciting input on problems from the entire department might be useful. I feel the issues that I experienced can not be fixed in one day, one month for that matter. I envision the analysis and planning alone to take a few months to complete.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Isilon, A Division of EMC (View Most Recent)

ok

Current Employee - Client Director  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Client Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Isilon, A Division of EMC

Pros

nice people, smart, and hard working

Cons

politics can be an issue at times

none at this time, but i will add more tlater

Love it here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Isilon, A Division of EMC

Pros

Great people, awesome technology and we're going to make a difference in IT.

Cons

There's really nothing major; the challenges I see are good ones based on growth.

Really need to work on overall compensation packages. Isilon is seemingly tone-deaf on this for some reason. Hopefully, it will get better as part of EMC.

There are newer employer reviews for Isilon, A Division of EMC

Worked for Isilon, A Division of EMC? Contribute to the Community!