Island Hospitality

fun but long hours

Former Employee - Director of Sales  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Island Hospitality full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

fun group of people!!!!! loved the job itself and doing sales. corporate was fun and communicated well with management at the hotels.

Cons

they expect LONG hours! was working maybe 55 hour work weeks, some weeks longer. offered vacation benefits, but you could only use it during certain times of the year - and you wern't allowed to if your hotel wasn't successful. mostly i just didn't enjoy the long hours. no work life balance.

efficient employees can finish their job in a 40 hour work week! more of a work life balance is needed. LOVED everyone at corporate!

36 Other Employee Reviews for Island Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Forewarned is Forearmed -: Island hospitality (and parent company) is in bankruptcy. Avoid this company like plague.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Island Hospitality

Pros

People are nice to work with. Teamwork is great here. The place is well kept. But the company sucks. Upper management is full of greedy people, selfish, characterless people like those that brough the financial crisis, the crash of banking industry and crash of housing markets. Their kind are also managing this company.

Cons

There are absolutely no pay raises, no bonsuses for last 2 years. This company filled chapter 11 in September or August of 2010. They do not promote from within. If you are seeking a longterm career this not the place to be. High turnover place here.

So this is for the deaf ears of management. How about a raise? a bonus? Is there anything, really anything you have to offer to your employees to keep them motivated? anything to make them look forward to come to work? I would like the management to answer this question-: for how long should any employee in any company work at the same pay? Everyone can see how much money the hotel is making. Employees have access to the revenue reports and we can see that your hotels are making more money so why are you not giving them raises? Never again, never -ever again will I work for such a company again. Next place I go to I will interview them just as much they interview me and find out if they treat their employees fairly? Do the share the profits or are greedy, selfish and not give raises. Lesson well learned- research your potential company thoroughly.

Blah blah.

I have been working at Island Hospitality

Pros

Fun time time time time

Cons

Low pay pay pay pay

blah

There are newer employer reviews for Island Hospitality

Worked for Island Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!