Island Hospitality

www.islandhospitality.com
  www.islandhospitality.com
There are newer employer reviews for Island Hospitality

If you work hard...you are rewarded!

Current Employee - Director of Sales
Current Employee - Director of Sales

I have been working at Island Hospitality full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked with the company for over 8 years. (that is a lifetime in the hotel industry) In my first year I quietly did my job and had little interaction with anyone except the on property associates. After being recognized for my talents by a regional, I quickly became an important figure in my region. I was able to work outside my individual hotel and helped train new sales associates. My dedication to the company flourished when they created a position for me in my 3rd year with the company. I have been able to expand my knowledge with additional trainings and projects that I normally would not be able to do with any other company.
YES, you have to work hard to be successful with Island. They do not keep slackers. I noticed many previous comments about turnover. That is standard in this industry and maybe more so with Island because they expect the best. If you are not going to give 100%, don't bother sending them your resume. You will work hard...and you will be promoted if you have the talent and drive.

Cons

Expanding quickly and with that always comes growing pains.

Continue to keep the integrity of the company strong! Communication can always improve.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Island Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Loved it and Miss It!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Island Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture at Island is fun, detailed and organized. They have systems in place to be successful. The bonus structure is one of the better I have seen. They also have training programs in place to help you in your journey upwards with the company.

Cons

They don't have a hotel in the Cincinnati Area.

I loved working for you. I am not because I moved away and you don't have any hotels near me. :( I have seen first hand the support you give your employees. You Rock!

Stay away ! Employment with this company will derail your career !

Former Employee - Hotel General Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Hotel General Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Island Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing special or more than the other management companies offer is available for employees and management, but some fringe benefits are in place. Well trained corporate executives deliver endless lip service.

Cons

This company is managed by a half dozen strange people who sit in a Palm Beach office and keep gassing up each other. But, the reality is very sad, almost all of them are in need of education and training, especially about the basics of life, as respect, being on time, speech, listening, writing, composing, spelling, arithmetic, etc. Management by fear versus encouragement is the only way these corporate people learned and demonstrate. Initiative is punished. Some funky titled corporate or regional employees don't mind threatening general managers. "Term." / "Termed" / "Terminate" / "Terminated " are the mostly and proudly used words in the company.

If the entire chaos is not the choice / design of the owner, he should "Term" the corporate team and start fresh with clean minded , honestly hospitality oriented corporate staff

There are newer employer reviews for Island Hospitality