It's Just Lunch

www.itsjustlunch.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for It's Just Lunch

Be wary: Great product bad execution

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun to product to sell

Cons

Will change comp plan whenever they feel like it.

Provide bonuses for reaching sales quotas or going above them

107 Other Employee Reviews for It's Just Lunch (View Most Recent)

Be wary of the 'desperately trying to improve our star rating' 5-Star reviews that were posted a few weeks ago.

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule.

Cons

Unprofessional leaders, turnover at the highest rate I've ever seen, training is a joke, they coach you to be untruthful to clients, there is nothing professional about the matchmaking that happens (it's all based on age range and location), more bad reviews than the company knows what to do with, so many unhappy customers that are upset because they were ripped off. I don't blame them for being upset the customer service is a 24-hr voicemail line that nobody ever listens to. Seriously, there are too many cons to list. If you say to yourself while reading the negative reviews here 'oh that person just had a bad experience, it's like that anywhere you go' you are horribly wrong, trust your gut and keep on with your job hunt.

Be professional, using 'Joe Blow' as an example for a clients name doesn't make the president of any company look good. Do something about the negative reviews on the internet, there are ways you can get most all of it moved 10-pages in instead of it being the first page you visit. Invest in a great 3rd party customer service company that can help turn the company's customer experience around. Lower the prices on joins, you will get a lot more clients. More clients equals better matches, better matches equals satisfied clients and clients will surely see the return on investment more so then they do now and refer their friends. Sometimes fixing a companies reputation for both employees and clients is more important than rapid growth.

It's Just Lunch Response

Jan 15, 2014Online Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I am sorry to hear that you do not view your experience while with us as positive. Without going too much into our internal policies, I did want to ... More

I LOVE love!

Current Employee - Membership Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Membership Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every day is a new challenge and a new opportunity to change people's lives by helping them with their dating life. It's so interesting and fun to hear all of the great success stories! I love my co-workers and management team. I'm making more money than I ever have and it doesn't even seem like 'work'. Don't get me wrong, you get out what you put in and I do work very hard - but I can't believe how fast the time goes by.

Cons

This is a really emotional business - meaning it's hard to please everyone all the time. Some clients have really unrealistic expectations...but we definitely do our best. Also there are over 100 IJL locations and many of them are not independently owned and operated like the one I work for so when clients or past employees post bad reviews most people who read them assume that's how every location is operated - when in reality they are very all different depending on who the owner is!

The monthly incentives are fun and appreciated but I'd also like to do more team building. Also if you would extend the national convention in Vegas an extra day that would be great! :)

There are newer employer reviews for It's Just Lunch