Itron

www.itron.com

Is a good place to work while the revenue is coming in.

Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsItron benefited greatly from the government stimulating the utility companies to investing the Smart-Grid technologies. They treated their people fine while the Smart-Grid investments were being made.

ConsThe government is no longer stimulating investment in Smart-Grid technologies, so the revenue stream is drying up and Itron is already changing how they treat employees. It is not a great place to work at this point, the end of 2012, and they will probably soon be MORE layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind methods that produce steady streams of revenue rather than quick hits. Push harder into the software arena and charge for software licensing, upgrades and support.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

stable co but not much scope for growth

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Smart people to work with Leader in the smart grid… Cons: Poor Management, you can move up only if you are… Advice to Senior Management: Establish better processes to enable good employees to move No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Consulting and Analysis

Engineer (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Itron Consulting and Analysis team produces high quality work. For the most part, upper management in the Consulting… Cons: If you find the work interesting, then there are no… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Itron.

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!