Itron

www.itron.com

Good company if you get & can keep the right Boss

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWhen profits/revenues were good...bonus and profit sharing was nice. HQ and Raleigh office are comfortable. Business processes usually organized. Most people are friendly, professional, and talented. Products work and relatively few product issues. Communication from management is above average but not perfect.

I was Project Manager for nearly 5 years, and had the best boss I have ever worked in my 20yr career.

ConsI did the same job for over 4 years and my boss changed 3 times. First 2 were great and the last was a "Dud".

Not all, but some managers could care less about an employee's work/life balance and the unique values an employee can provide the company.

Travel can be extreme. Doing the same job, I went from 10% for the first 18 months to 100% when I left.

Employees are expected to the bank. Itron's travel policy (when I worked there) required the employee pay for all the travel expenses from personal funds and then submit expense accounts for reimbursement. If I missed an expense, it was out of my pocket. My expenses exceeded $50k/ yr.

Incentives/bonuses for project mangers became more complex and virtually unobtainable. I quite trying.

I was laid off (by the Dud boss) because I would not accept a project that required travel 100%, 2 time zones away for almost a year. My boss did absolutely nothing to help me find a job within company as well. I felt as if I was "just sucked in" and later "spit out." Itron did provide a minimal severance package only after some negotiation.

There is a high turnover rate of project managers and sale executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your staff and they will take care of your company.

OK company wish management understood systems and software.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Hard problems and fast moving. Cons: The company as a whole does not think like a… Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's ok.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good people to work with. Lots of friends. Flexible work… Cons: Management doesn't listen to the "troops". Too many politics… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to more than the Sales staff. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Itron.

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!