Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits. Tries to take care of it's employees. Very positive work environment. New executive team helped shift culture.

Cons

Company struggles with process and transition to being a real enterprise. In transition during challenging market. Personalities and "old ways" keep from moving coming into more disciplined, strategic thinking and execution. Don't know how to manage strategy development and execution in efficient manner. Too many personalities and no history of this type of leadership.

Other Reviews for Itron

Good company if you get & can keep the right Boss

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Itron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When profits/revenues were good...bonus and profit sharing was nice. HQ and Raleigh office are comfortable. Business processes usually organized. Most people are friendly, professional, and talented. Products work and relatively few product issues. Communication from management is above average but not perfect.

I was Project Manager for nearly 5 years, and had the best boss I have ever worked in my 20yr career.

Cons

I did the same job for over 4 years and my boss changed 3 times. First 2 were great and the last was a "Dud".

Not all, but some managers could care less about an employee's work/life balance and the unique values an employee can provide the company.

Travel can be extreme. Doing the same job, I went from 10% for the first 18 months to 100% when I left.

Employees are expected to the bank. Itron's travel policy (when I worked there) required the employee pay for all the travel expenses from personal funds and then submit expense accounts for reimbursement. If I missed an expense, it was out of my pocket. My expenses exceeded $50k/ yr.

Incentives/bonuses for project mangers became more complex and virtually unobtainable. I quite trying.

I was laid off (by the Dud boss) because I would not accept a project that required travel 100%, 2 time zones away for almost a year. My boss did absolutely nothing to help me find a job within company as well. I felt as if I was "just sucked in" and later "spit out." Itron did provide a minimal severance package only after some negotiation.

There is a high turnover rate of project managers and sale executives.

Take care of your staff and they will take care of your company.

OK company wish management understood systems and software.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hard problems and fast moving.

Cons

The company as a whole does not think like a software solutions company, however it wants to be one.

None.

There are newer employer reviews for Itron.

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!