Itron

There are newer employer reviews for Itron

Very Good

Current Employee - Design Engineer in West Union, SC
Current Employee - Design Engineer in West Union, SC

I have been working at Itron full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work culture with prospects of progress and chance of applying your knowledge to the practical applications. Overall very good company

Cons

Low Salary and slow pace of development with lot of product redundancies and lack of technical know how to work in fast pace environment. Poor customer support

Pay some more

98 Other Employee Reviews for Itron (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working hard to find new revenue streams. New focus on developing employees. Company is trying to change its culture for better work/life balance.

Cons

Liberty Lake office is corporate HQ. That is a difficult office to get to from everywhere in the country. A centralized office would be better for meeting space.

Good company if you get & can keep the right Boss

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Itron full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When profits/revenues were good...bonus and profit sharing was nice. HQ and Raleigh office are comfortable. Business processes usually organized. Most people are friendly, professional, and talented. Products work and relatively few product issues. Communication from management is above average but not perfect.

I was Project Manager for nearly 5 years, and had the best boss I have ever worked in my 20yr career.

Cons

I did the same job for over 4 years and my boss changed 3 times. First 2 were great and the last was a "Dud".

Not all, but some managers could care less about an employee's work/life balance and the unique values an employee can provide the company.

Travel can be extreme. Doing the same job, I went from 10% for the first 18 months to 100% when I left.

Employees are expected to the bank. Itron's travel policy (when I worked there) required the employee pay for all the travel expenses from personal funds and then submit expense accounts for reimbursement. If I missed an expense, it was out of my pocket. My expenses exceeded $50k/ yr.

Incentives/bonuses for project mangers became more complex and virtually unobtainable. I quite trying.

I was laid off (by the Dud boss) because I would not accept a project that required travel 100%, 2 time zones away for almost a year. My boss did absolutely nothing to help me find a job within company as well. I felt as if I was "just sucked in" and later "spit out." Itron did provide a minimal severance package only after some negotiation.

There is a high turnover rate of project managers and sale executives.

Take care of your staff and they will take care of your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Itron