Working at Itron

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Itron

Pros

Itron is a global electric metering company. I joined in a mid-level position from a higher position with a small company. If you are interested in the field, or in smart grid, Itron is the place to be at the moment. They are expected to have a very good couple of years as many utilities spend stimulus money on products that Itron sells

Cons

Itron is not the best place to work if you're interested in software development and energy consulting. While there are good opportunities in these areas, don't be fooled by the clean tech aura that Itron has. It's fundamentally a metering company, and that's where investment and focus is at the moment. Many of the employees in the software division have been there since the acquisition of smaller companies, and they have been absorbed into the bigger organization. Sr. leadership in this area is questionable.

Advice to Management

While software is a small portion of revenue, it is what makes the grid "smart". Put appropriate resources to it, and bring in solid technical leadership with experience developing consumer and enterprise software solutions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Internship everything one could hope for.

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in City of Spokane Valley, WA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in City of Spokane Valley, WA

I worked at Itron

Pros

Open co-workers ready to mentor and interact/discuss with you.
    Gave me multiple opportunities to learn and grow.
    Very friendly manager and events for employees make me feel appreciated.
    Excellent work environment.

Cons

Cons may depend on your own personal career needs.
    For many this may be the ideal job. I am unsure how many design engineers are employed at this location but I believe those who are enjoy their work

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for the experience.

You must be careful about Itron International

I have been working at Itron

Pros

Before Actaris acquisition, Itron was an extraordinary Company, respect and honesty towards the employees were the cause of motivation and innovation.

Cons

Since Itron Inc. gave the full control to Actaris, betrayal and blows twisted between employees become something normal. Consequently no motivation.

Advice to Management

The situation in the International become out of control, It is time that people from Itron Inc., which not come from Actaris, take over control to rectify this situation.