There are newer employer reviews for Ivy Insiders

Good use of the summer for someone without the academic background to be qualified for more competitive internships.

Former Employee - Summer Branch Manager
Former Employee - Summer Branch Manager

I worked at Ivy Insiders

Pros

The pay is pretty good if you work hard enough. Hours are flexible and management is accessible and easy to relate to.

Cons

If you are starting an entirely new branch you will have a hard time attracting clients because the company's name recognition is effectively nil.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Ivy Insiders (View Most Recent)

Challenging but worthwhile opportunity for freshman summer

I worked at Ivy Insiders

Pros

For those who are resolutely self-driven or have a highly entrepreneurial spirit, this experience could prove to be a valuable resume-builder. It also could help you figure out if managing your own business is something you enjoy and whether you like more independent/solo work vs. more collaborative work in an office setting.

Cons

If you're someone who prefers a more structured work situation or requires more guidance from superiors, then this role might not be the right fit for you. My co-manager and I felt frustrated about correspondence with our regional manager, who was very quick to respond during the sales part of the process but much less so after we began lectures. Having taken a test prep course from another source, I didn't have the utmost confidence in some of the teaching materials' strategies.

Good enough for a summer

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Ivy Insiders as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great for self starters, feelings of accomplishment, and a good learning experience

Cons

Requires a lot of effort on the individual, not a whole lot of direction, stiff competition, not a lot of camaraderie amongst people at the same level

There are newer employer reviews for Ivy Insiders